Post your battle stations!

Here’s my current setup. Pandemic found me living with my folks and down scaling. Using my time to transition from the hospitality industry to cyber security. Got a gaming PC and a workstation test bench for my ethical hacking VM’s and other learning.

Gaming PC
MSI X570 Unify with 3800X 240 AIO - 32GB C14 Ram - Red Devil 5700XT - MP600 1TB, Enmotus Fuzedrive 1.6TB, 2TB QVO, and 1TB EVO - EVGA GOLD 850 PSU

Work
Asrock Rack x470D4U with 2700 Prisma Cooler - 64GB Kingston ECC Ram - MSI Armour RX570 - Dell Radeon Pro WX2100 (dual GPU for playing with VFIO) - 2 NVME SSD’s - 2 SATA SSD’s - Rosewill Bronze 850 PUS

8 Likes

That is an epic man cave!

I was full screening games. and then i decided to try the lower half. it is basically x2 super ultra wides stacked. so i have multiple programs going.

To do:

• fix cables
  • put art on wall
  • clean wrist rest
7 Likes

My HTPC plans are put on ice for now so I had to get the RTX2070 out of project storage, order some more fittings and get the idle hashrate up to 100MH/s since crypto rates are ridiculous again.

Now looking for more uses for a mismatched dual GPU config…

8 Likes

Changed keyboard to a black one with red light, instead of the silver/white model I usualy use (i have 2x same keyboard, just different color/light)

So made a new wallpaper to match and set the light to red all around

2 Likes

Finally got it cleaned up and picture worthy :slight_smile:
Computers on the floor from left to right:
Unraid cold backup server - W10 Gaming rig - Nas - Pfsense router.

The PC on the right side of the desk is my main linux daily.

The Lenovo laptop have been my torrent machine (for linux ISO’s of course), but I have moved that to a VM on my main pc now.
In the corner behind the desk is my patented ups silencer made from Ikea furniture.

On the left I have a Subject Delta and little sister figure (from Bioshock 2).
On the right on top of my main pc, is some of the main characters from South Park. My little sister made them herself and gifted me them last Christmas :slight_smile:

On my mouse pad I have a few knick knacs, a couple of replica coins from Bioshock Infinite, a Slipknot limited edition Zippo lighter I got in a merch bag from their last concert in DK I attended, a folding knife, and then in the middle is the cpu from my very first pc. An Intel Celeron D 336. That’s where it all started :slight_smile:

And the center piece and foundation of my setup, the desk itself.
It is 2,5 meters wide and 0,9 meters deep. The tabletop is special ordered from Ikea’s kitchen department, and is a walnut laminate.
The frame I had special made from a blacksmith.
And I gotta say, I love this desk :heart:

You may ask why I have such a huge desk, and the answer is that when I shared an apartment with some friends, I did a lot more at this desk than I do now, so it made sense back then.
Not so much now, but I’m never gonna part with it.

18 Likes

Damn dude, that’s a lot of hardware.

1 Like

That’s a savage setup! I can’t wait to get some more space and build a proper server rack myself.

1 Like

I try not to think about how much I’ve spent over the years :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a few months I’m getting even more space. I’ll be able to spread it out a bit more :slight_smile:

But I’m pretty sure @Argone still have more than me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am down to two computers + two nases. I have 3 monitors hooked up to my primary and my 65inch theater tv hooked up to my htpc. Repurposed from a minecraft server. I gave up on minecraft when the psu died. I will give you props on how clean your battlestation looks.

1 Like

Damn, you’ve scaled back :slight_smile:

I just remembered I have two more :roll_eyes:
The htpc hooked up to my TV, and an retro gaming pc running xp.

And thank you :slight_smile:
It’s not easy to keep cleaned up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice setup. Very clean. I have 4 PC’s in the office now waiting on the 6th (because I have one in the Livingroom too) and nowhere near as clean. Just a 55in connected to the gaming rig at the moment and the ultrawide monitor for two pcs, the other two connect to a 24in monitor. Love the Bioshock figure.

1 Like

My friends say I have a hoarding problem.
I say I’m just a collector :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here! lol I need to let some go now that I can focus on the new server thats inbound in pieces because it was 30% cheaper lol.

1 Like

Fuck that show dude.

11 Likes

Can you even read anything on the top monitors while you’re sitting down?