Post your battle stations!

Huh, I thought I posted the update to this when I got it all working.

3 Likes

Since I moved building a setup in the new space is a bit ruff.
I’m now living on my own, before with my parents.

This is the new space. Still having the Hackintosh/Linux/Windows PC with many drives in it.

This was the space before:

You guys have any tips?

14 Likes

The SetupWars guy on YT would probably point out that you should tie the mouse and keyboard cables together and/or drill a hole in the desk for said cables :smiley:
Also 3M tape the USB hub under the desk :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness tho, awesome setup! Love the plants and the headphone “stand” <3

1 Like

I generally take my own keyboard and mouse and ad-hoc laptop because of default/shit OEM equipment and because of PROHIBITED OS/tools of choice.

My last job was 1337 tho they provided MacBook Pro that were pretty beefy but if you didn’t like OS X they let you bring your Fedora/Debian/Arch box. This jerb won’t let you use anything other than Windoze 10 LGBT or MacOS Failtalina so I use Remmina and RDP into my workstation :smiling_imp:

I asked about using Fedora (because we deploy to RHEL) and they told me they don’t support Linux operating systems.

1. Yes you do you dumb shit wtf do you think RHEL is?
  2. You don’t have to, I will.

They mad that their spyware doesn’t work. I got FUBAR’d anyway because their Cisco VPN client is only setup to accept Windows/Mac client requests. It’s f’ing stupid

In all fairness, I have 0 problem with this. But LTSB is lacking a lot of what I desire and they disabled the Windows store so I don’t have access to WSL via conventional means nor the new sexy Windows Terminal. I also have to use the browser version of Microsoft ToDo which sucks.

/ rant

4 Likes

In my field (engineering) you just use whatever the company issues. You have to work in the same CAD environment as the whole company, there is no such thing as CHOICE. The only thing I brought from home was a mousepad :smiley:

The are only 2 contractor companies working on our premises, and they buy the same spec laptops for their workforce as our big company xD They are then loaded with Windows and other tools by our IT dept. :man_shrugging:

All the office gear (monitors, keyboards, mice) are “connected” to a desk, not a person.

2 Likes

With regards to keyboard and mouse. I ain’t touching someone elses booger fingers and breakfast muffin. FTS.

And if thy aren’t profitable enough to afford that then look for another job.

I have no problem to bring antibacterial wipes on my first day and wipe the keyboard and mouse clean. I usually ask then for better gear for CAD (bigger ergonomic mouse and a 3d space mouse) so I get them brand new :slight_smile: Haven’t encountered a shop that refused, yet.

As far as I have seen in The Netherlands it’s not forbidden in most companies just nobody does it. For the most part everything is pretty clean all the time. Some companies will even order some special gear within reason, Trackball mouse, headsets for calls etc. Some people still bring there own stuff to work, like me. Had a little wireless mouse laying around so i just tossed it in the bag for when I needed it. Everyone gets a company phone here. I just ordered a case for it on Ali express. Everything with a grain of salt. But yeah I have seen full mech keyboards on the work floor. People think its weird and don’t really like it. but if you want to sure.

Mechanical keyboards are just awesome, if i had a crappy 15 dollar mushy rubber dome keyboard at work and i would type all day long, i would defenetly bring my mech keyboard just to have less strain on my fingers etc.

finally got the 4th screen up and got my desk cleaned

6 Likes

Good, now clean the rest.

6 Likes

I knew that avatar looked familiar, now I suddenly know why… :wink:

Wish I had another 24hours in my day, might pick up EVE again then…

1 Like

God only knows what version of battlestation this is. As I have said in the past I change things every once in a while. This update adds a fourth monitor to my area. It is connected via hdmi to my laptop. Its sole purpose is for osrs.

@Kat @THEkitchenSINK

2 Likes

i might post once i can clean my room everything is everywhere atm cause i got a new bed but soon

2 Likes

No, post the chaos

7 Likes

6 Likes

this explains so much

2 Likes

this is after cleaning and organizing a bit so not 100% mess

2 Likes

no, i was referring to all the (older?) apple stuff.

1 Like

ahh lmaoo

1 Like