Post your battle stations!

Gotcha. I’m not sure I could go back to two central monitors. I love my UW.

Dang, that thing is affordable. Too bad they probably wouldn’t ship one to me now.

1 Like

I have tried large monitor and large + folded in peripheral monitors and I still prefer having a bezel/border separating a workspace. I am not creative enough to make a single large monitor work, I guess :confused:

Even with something like i3wm I struggle. Would much rather have separate monitors. I am a minimalist’s nightmare

1 Like

Yes.

4 Likes

Just moved, new setup

5 Likes

New workstation at the new job

13 Likes

What distro?

4 Likes

I wanna say it’s Mint.

2 Likes

I only use fedora :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t be too hard on me, at least i made the wallpapers

btw, there is a windows install on the right side there

1 Like

Redragon keyboard? Blue switches I guess…

Yep, blues it is. After I get my first paycheck, I have my eye on a Logitech ergo keyboard

1 Like

New monitor, still smol 24" but IPS with 144Hz refresh rate :slight_smile:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/1669?u=zszywany

7 Likes

Your work desk and my work desk look very similar. Your corner is even facing the same direction. And a Dell Optiplex too.

My upper shelving is on the left though, not the right.

1 Like

Do you perhaps work at the same place? :upside_down_face:

@Ethernet_Warrior has two matching screens, so probably not. Unless they were brought from home.

We also have like 12 people in the office total, so we find out about new hires real quick.

Funny you guessed, I did actually bring them from home. The previous ones weren’t even 1080p, so I brought these in.

Is this common in the US (assumption) to bring your own gear to the job?

At very small shops, sometimes.

Or if you have niche gear that you really want to use but it costs a lot.

But at established/well funded companies, it’s fairly rare.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m the only one at my last two jobs to have done this. I’m just picky

1 Like

We do it where I work because the company doesn’t want to buy anything they don’t absolutely have to for the cube farm (of 16 cubes in the entire building).

Every new hire in the office is given a desktop, basic keyboard, basic mouse, and a single monitor. Everything else we either have to buy or bring in from home.

We do have a $400 chair budget per person though :man_shrugging:

EDIT: I also checked the empty cube, he is indeed not a new hire where I work :smiley:

1 Like

Old Candid pic of when it was messy during a renovation

4 Likes