Post your battle stations!

so clean, I love it

3 Likes

If only I were good at keeping that way. Gotta start pushing that minimalism.

You don’t see all the crap in the top right drawer… :grimacing:

2 Likes

for real man I say that while considering building a home server lol

1 Like

I almost did that back in Iowa. I didn’t realize how dissatisfied with my job and life I was. All I want to do here is go outside, play games once in a while. I get challenged every day at my job, and supported too. I had no idea how big a difference that makes in my everyday demeanor and attitude.

I should clarify: for me looking into hardware deeper and adopting new hobbies was the escapism from my day job. I don’t feel I need that anymore. For many folks here tech is their passion, but making things and machining is mine.

4 Likes

living the dream :wink:

idk if that would affect me like that, I still like to tinker with software (and recently hardware) but yeah, sounds great, I hope you have as much fun as you can get!

1 Like

Oh for sure! It’s still a hobby, just one that I don’t feel the need to devote as much time to to be happy. Not a belittling statement at all for others and certainly not a judgement; just my perspective.

I still like being here and being a nerd :wink:

1 Like

I see Battlestations like this and wonder… do you even use that thing…

1 Like

code for conky here:

Also wallpapers are on that gitlab as well if you want any

4 Likes

yes, they work great due to the high refresh on TVs now

2 Likes

Yeah, I just clean it up once in a while and ONLY take photos when that happens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually the best part is the Klipsch speakers are on Bluetooth mode and I’m “using it” right when I took the photo.

3 Likes

Nice, near tsk levels of minimalism.

3 Likes

Modern TV’s make excellent monitors and are often cheaper than their counterparts due to the higher competition in the TV world. However, I would caution that numbers don’t lie. I just two days ago returned a 40" 4K Samsung TV I purchased from Best Buy due to the high input latency. Keep in mind that I do not use it for gaming, purely for remote sessions with my clients. I did not look up the numbers, but the latency made navigating my OS with a mouse difficult. That said it was a sub $300 TV so your mileage may vary.

Nice speakers. I have the same set and they sound pretty ballin’

just need to find a better solution for my loose change

7 Likes

Mysophobia intensifies

1 Like

I love root beer.

3 Likes

Yes its exactly as hot as it looks.

18 Likes

relatable

2 Likes

Temp setup while I finish school.