Post your battle stations!

I had a 2015 15” MacBook Pro and I really liked it. Was limited to 16GB of RAM so it was hard to make it a primary workstation at the time. It was so expensive I had to sell my other machines to have just the MacBook.

2 Likes

I don’t always rock the desktop, but when I do I rock with

Core2Duo vPro @ 3GHz
4 GB DDR2
250GB 850 EVO
Pants behind the monitor

Come at me brah

7 Likes

Is that… A virtual boy?

Man I wish, it’s a Nintendo TableTop from -86

1 Like

Something is not right. Two power rangers are the same colour. One of them should be green no?

The middle one is green

Fret not, brethren, for when I am fallen, I art quickith to rise :sunglasses::crossed_swords::dagger::shield:

I feel like it’s the last great offering from Apple until they get out of this “everything’s a tablet” funk.

Execs don’t have a clue about what people want. Or, just as likely, maybe I’m out of the loop and stuck in old ways

8 Likes

12 Likes

Did you make that headphone hanger yourself? Also are those extra Cherry MX switches bellow the Samsung monitor?

Yes. Both of them. One’s just plain wood screwed into the cupboard. The other one’s wood with some felt glued on and HDD mounted with HDD magnets on both the edge of the desk and the headphone hanger.

Yes, it’s a Key Switch Tester for Cherry MX Red, Black, Brown and Blue. Wasn’t sure if I liked MX Brown switches so I bought the tester before buying the keyboard. I was also curious how MX Blue feel and sound like irl.

4 Likes

Cool, I’t nice when instead of buying people try to DYI stuff to solve things. I was lazy and solved my headphone hanging problem with IKEA toilet paper holder, which is attached under my desk. :smiley:

I’ve been using MX Brown switches since 2013. Last week I ordered new keyboard with Blue switches but I has not arrived yet.

3 Likes

@MazeFrame made one too, with a build log.

2 Likes

14 Likes

no mistakes, just happy accidents.

1 Like

11 Likes

Not at all how I wanted it to be. The top half of the mount broke, so I had to improvise…

11 Likes

Just moved my entire home office setup to another part of the apartment and added two monitors. Still need to fine tune some monitor placement, but I’m pleased with the result so far.

A GTX 1070 is powering the four monitors with wallpapers, while an old GTX 760 in hardware pass-trough to an Win10 VM is powering the other two. Manjaro is the host OS.

14 Likes

only thing that gets me is the double mouse if you need something like that i would recommend elecoms mice due having dual pc use with a wireless dongle and wired at the same time if wanted

Picked up a new used desk from the local thrift shop for $30. The top on my old one was warping. Desk is made in 1963 and weighs a ton. Now I need more acoustic foam to account for the wider desk. Cable management is not finished.

10 Likes

MIne’s in a state of emergency atm. I’ll post the update when I’m done cleaning it.

2 Likes