Post your battle stations!

I’m trying something a little different. The previous 8 screen arrangement was just too damn hot (ccfl backlights). I’m hoping by cutting it back to 5 and having them further away from me that the heat won’t be as much of an issue. It’s a problem I haven’t been able to measure successfully, but I can definitely feel it.

I’ve had the x65 for a while but previous attempts to integrate it have been largely unsuccessful because of how physically large it is. It needs to be further back, which puts the rest of the screens further back, which means I’m using DPI scaling, which is generously described as quirky.

The baby sized desk is to let me see the lowest row of screens. It’s one of those ‘temporary’ solutions that got build about a year ago.

11 Likes

I’m curious here, what stand/mount do you use for this and maybe the old 8 screen array?

1 Like

Hey. They’re all custom. Any commercial offerings for this kind of arrangement are really 'spensive, so I build frames to bolt normal vesa arms to.

This is the smaller version I’m using for my current arrangement. The lower arm looks bent because these cheap arm clamps are often bent beyond 90*. It MIGHT be a pre-load thing, but it’s probably just poor QC.

And this is the larger version. Two additional arms attach to the ‘T’ but they’ve been removed.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting pictures and explaining :slight_smile: .
That is cool, I did something similiar but mounted into a desk.
I couldn’t find the arms standalone so I had to buy two whole sets with socket and everything and basically use only the arms, which was rather expensive in the end.

3 Likes

Do you have a blog thread or tube channel on your projects?

1 Like

There is this thread here and that is about it. A few of my projects are found on some audio forums and that is about it.
I am doing this for myself, in peace and quiet of being alone with it :wink:

4 Likes

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/11849?u=alilbabyotter

Decided to move the Xbox into the office because my couch is getting kinda flat. And I like never have anybody over, so I don’t feel like paying for a new couch. It’s right behind the laptop so when I want to switch between the two I can just move the HDMI cable between my Xbox and USB-C dock.

Got the Astros and the 1st gen Elite controller tucked back out of the way. Can’t even see the Xbox when I’m sitting at the desk.

9 Likes

Thanks.

Monitor arms:
I regrettingly got this- Swapping to a better one and only keeping the speaker bits.

Its pretty unconfigurable and poor quality. :frowning:

KB: Vortex Race 3 Iso

Regarding the attachment method: With screws.

I’d reccommend a gas-spring heavy duty one, worth the price over that pile of sticks :slight_smile:

You use these metal pieces instead of monitors(comes with the kit), and then I screwed them in from the bottom.

Status update:

5 Likes

pictures coming soon.

2 Likes

LMAO, what a teaser!

3 Likes

It is a bit trashy because unfinished drywall and mess elsewhere. But this is my basement battle station.

Two x 65inch TVs 4K 120hz… and 32inch gaming monitor 1440p 240hz with 900p on one side and 27 in 2160p on the other side. Also my server station is on display on the dresser. My guest station is not on display as my dad is doing his taxes during the evening here. The guest machine is a Mac mini.

5950x main system server is 3950x and windows gaming/htpc is a 3900x.

7 Likes

It really messes with the perspective a bit how those TVs are further back.

2 Likes

@Argone : what’s the reason for keeping the baked cheese right next to the mouse … or is it a clever mind game? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Before: PC/Writing Desk [L-Desk]

After [1of2]: PC Desk

After [2of2]: Writing Desk

6 Likes

That is funny didn’t notice. I keep them down in my basement in case I want some or if my nephew is visiting. He munches on them.

3 Likes

It is a fair distance. Maybe 15 feet from them. Ultra wide camera doesn’t help.

2 Likes

I’ve got a new monitor.

I will either get rid of the smaller display or get a double monitor arm later. Haven’t decided yet.

obraz

8 Likes

Get a monitor arm for two monitors, more monitors more better :slight_smile:
I have 7 and it’s still not enough :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have one and I feel it’s too much. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve finally decided to get rid of the smaller monitor.

I’ve noticed that I don’t use it apart from putting the occasional YT video in the background. The vertical display was nice for having a whole webpage visible at glance, without scrolling. But I don’t need it for my entertainment space. The secondary screen did only break immersion while playing games. First I started turning it off, then left dark for a whole week. When I use my desk after work, I want the least amount of things on it.

Today I did remove it.
Looks cleaner without the vertical display anyway.

/blatant lie
I will manage my cables, I promise.

8 Likes