Post your battle stations!

Only thing I disagree with the Norton icon I see there. Otherwise I’m almost envious, I also want that many systems to play with :laughing:

lol, Yes you are right. I get flack for it all the time. I just haven’t researched a better alternative for windows as yet. Thank you too, it is fun…if not warm in here lol

Windows 10 has Windows Defender you really don’t need more from what I researched.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a nice setup, and that’s perhaps the biggest heatsink I’ve ever seen inside your Node 804.

1 Like

Actually, Windows Defender, with all the telemetry going around, has come pretty much in the top 5 best anti-virus software on Windows. I still wouldn’t use Windows on my main rig though.

Yeah, MSI Frozor L. I had to use some noctua hardware to mount it. I chose it because it was offset just enough to allow all the ram slots to be populated.
I had some note and more pictures of it here. lol

Added a little thing to my “battle station”

I now have a 100% fanless ~ silent PC under my desk, for watching twitch, youtube or listening to music, all the light stuff you dont need a bigger machine for.

I turn it on with the red button under the monitor so I don’t even have to see it, nor hear it

Turned out pretty neat imo.

11 Likes

Kudos! Decided I needed the same thing. I wasn’t so worried about the noise as I usually have a fan on 24/7 in my office due to my location in the desert. I went the ASrock Desk Mini X300 with the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 with a 4650G.
Nice clean build.

1 Like

yea i figured a higly overclocked 8600K with 64GB RAM and a 6800XT is little too much to watch youtube and such stuff on (my gaming rig)… it most likely also ease up a little on my powerbill in the long run

I actually think the X300 is very similar to this, just bigger and a more powerfull APU, so you need the aircooling

1 Like

Same situation here but with a i7 8086k and 2080Ti…lol Little much for web browsing, video streaming lol.

1 Like

New 5950x system. Same old case.

55inch, 65inch and 27inch displays.

This is a before shot. Will post back with an after shot.
before my most recent switch. having like 5 monitors down to two displays.

6 Likes

why do you have CD Spindles when you have tera-quads of qnap storage?

1 Like

nothing better than physical hard copy of phoros and home movies in case the emp comes.

3 Likes

Finally have my battle station complete. Live edge fir slab on an electric adjustable height leg kit. 2x BenQ 27” monitors and an Acer curved 2k monitor.

Close up of the live edge and epoxy finish.

15 Likes

The edge of the slap doesnt look comfy. I made the choice to remove the rind on my desk.

2 Likes

You can’t see very well in the pictures but I sanded a curve into it so it slopes off. You don’t feel the rough bark in your arms.

Ok :slight_smile: otherwise looks pretty good.
Here is mine
https://forum.level1techs.com/uploads/default/original/4X/7/6/6/76628ba3dfaa08eb59cf13984a1c07967f56a774.jpeg

2 Likes

Very clean setup. I can’t seem to keep my desk clean like that. How does your computer do on the ground?

I try to keep it as clean as possible. Had to try various cable management system due to the sit/standing desk. But in the end i settled for this

and velcrotape.
Otherwise works great :slight_smile:

That US burning pepe thing on the wall is so delightful.

2 Likes