Post your battle stations!

Indeed. And it is glorious! I also found the end of the internet and Jimmy Hoffa.

1 Like

Refreshed with a desk that’s not actually made by me and/or shitty for once.

Just gotta take the DAC out of my amp and put in an enclosure with a switch now and everything will be just peachy.

Stuff:

• Workstation
  • LG 24UD58-B
  • ASUS PB238Q
  • Corsair M65
  • Realforce RGB
  • AKG K712 Pro
  • Klipsch RB10
  • Semi-custom O2 amp
  • DIY’d speaker amp
10 Likes

Initial setup and testing of the ultra tablet.

Organised madness.

4 Likes

Here's my office. I work from home, so I turned the spare room into an office.

2x Dell U2415
i7-2600k
500GB WD Blue SSD
Corsair K70
Edifier R1280T speakers.

Laptop is an Elitebook 840 G3 with 16GB ddr4 and an i5-6200u. It really strains when I'm trying to run a VM, so it's really only good for the road since I do a lot of VM work day to day.

7 Likes

I've shown my home rigs before, so here is my current office setup at work.
Systems seen here -
Dell Precision T3600 w/ Xeon E5-1620 with 2x Dell 27" monitors running Ubuntu 16.04 w/ Budgie Desktop
Dell XPS 13" i5-7200U running Ubuntu 16.04 w/ Budgie Desktop
Dell Precision 3420 SFF i7-7700 running Windows 10 Pro (soon to be Linux of some sort) with 2 Dell 24" monitors
Dell Precision T7600 Xeon E5-26xx 6 core running .... nothing at the moment - Gentoo install in progress when picture taken, with a Dell 23" monitor.

6 Likes

update added mic stand and ps2 extension cable

don't worry the sheets are still alive

hopefully next upgrade will be in either a bigger desk or a nicer chair

1 Like

Update: Nightmode on.

6 Likes

I call it Deathstroke

4 Likes

I have trouble holding my phone camera still, so I re-shot this photo until I finally got an alright one.

1 Like

Did my yearly re-arrange-even-tho-I-dont-even-need-to-do-this cleaning
moved PC the right and put printer on the desk

and if my cables get your jimmies in a rustle, here is some salt

12 Likes

I spy a sadomariochist.

When I got the new HDD, I eviscerated my rig to dust clean and improve cable management.

2 Likes

Wife's set up so far till I get her more shit

6 Likes

Post Quakecon is a good time to do some desk area cleaning and reorganizing!

5 Likes

Nice. love those Creative speakers, I have the same they sound fantastic for the size. mine are on their side to stop the cat pushing them over as well !

I put some small round bit of blue electrical tape over the led to make it more easy on the eye works a treat.

I love the Retro and workshop vibe on this setup!

Ok so I hate posts that don’t list what is seen in the picture. So I have done my best to list every single item shown here :slight_smile:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 (Stock)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste
Mobo: Asus - MAXIMUS VII HERO, ok so I realize my cpu is a non K and this Mobo is dumb. I got the CPU for free and was told it was a K, so I pre-bought a Z97 board before getting the CPU. In the end it was not a K so I over bought my motherboard…oh well
RAM: 2x G.Skill - Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory for 16GB
Hard Drives: 3x Samsung - 840 Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (one is in the external dock) Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (On Desk 2x HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5-Inch 3TB)
GPU: GeForce® GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme 6GB (Stock)
PCI-E Card: Inateck PC​I-E to USB​ 3.0 5-Por​t PCI Expr​ess Card
Case: DIYPC - D480-W-Window ATX Mid Tower Case
Disk Drives: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
PSU: Corsair - Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
Monitor: Samsung UN40KU6300FXZA
Keyboard: Logitech - G710+ Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G500 Wired Laser Mouse
Speakers: Logitech - Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers
Headphones: Superlux - HD668B Headphones
Microphone: Blue Micro​phones Sno​wball USB ​Microphone​ (Textured​ White)
Ok now for other random item shown and not shown Sterilite 20639004 3 Drawer Clearview Desktop Unit
Stick-On Under Desk Headphone Hooks 2 PACK
Lokman 50 Pieces Self-Adhesive Cord Wire Cable Clip Cable Tie Drop Clamp, USB Management Used in Car, Office and House for Core Wire Organization (Black)
LEDMO® 16.4Ft Waterproof Flexible Strip 300 LEDs Color Changing RGB SMD5050 LED Light Strip Kit RGB 5M with 44Keys IR Remote Controller and 12V 5A Power Supply
Chair: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNTLIM4
Neewer NW(B-3) 6 inch Studio Microphone Mic Round Shape Wind Pop Filter Mask Shield with Stand Clip (Black Filter)
HAMMARP Countertop, oak. 74 inches
ADILS Leg, beige
SIGNUM Cable management, horizontal, silver color
DAGOTTO Footrest, black
ORICO 6619US3-BK SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5" and 3.5" HDD, SSD [8TB Support]
LG Watch Urbane Wearable Smart Watch - Silver
I don’t recall (or have access to the amazon account to them up ) the floormat, or the neat looking wall chargers models, but I found both on slickdeals at some point in the last year
I also don’t know where I got my coasters, anti-slip mats(under the desk mat), Hardwood floor, trim, Wall color and paint type, or quarter round from. All of those I worked with when buying the house 3 years ago.
Oh and last things seen I haven’t mentioned. Is the cable from the wall is a 6 foot monoprice CAT6 Blue cable. The TV you can just barely see on the left is a VIZIO E400i-B2 40-Inch 1080p Smart LED HDTV. And finally the deskmat a friend got for me from a vape shop for like $10, not sure from where though, sorry

2 Likes

That linoleum floor is an eyesore though and has to go. (I’m pretty sure this is the only thing giving the retro vibe though).

Rig on left is dev rig: KDE neon, Ryzen 1700x (about to be RMA’d) Noctua NH D15 air cooler, 32GB ram, Asus Prime x370 Pro, 500 GB 960 Evo m.2, MSI 1080 Gaming X, 2x2TB WdBlues in mdadm raid 1, Noctua fans. Uses the two monitors on the left that are nothing special LGs.

Right is gaming rig: Win 10, i7 4790k, ekwb, 16GB ram, Asus z97, 500GB Toshiba OCZ nvme, Asus Strix 1070 with ekwb, 600mm of ek radiators, ek varder fans. Ises the Asus vg248qe.

Rack has 2 SuperMicro Whiteboxes, SuperMicro 1u and 2u (almost all x9 with e3 xeons of varying magnitudes. One with dual e5-2670s and 64GB ram. Custom pfsense rig with i3 3220, Lenovo ThinkCentre, and a Dell r210ii. Everything but the router running Esxi 6.5, most having ubuntu server, freeNAS, and fedora server all over the place. Total raw storage is about 90TB. Total ram is about 200GB ECC. Not even sure of the total core count in the rack… Ha ha. Some services running include always on vpn via router, VPN server for remotely accessing my stuff, Plex and the like, blynk server, pihole… Just the bare necessities these days… Lol

14 Likes