Post pictures of what you ate!

Chocolate chocolate chip waffles w/ cardamom infused maple syrup. It was the first waffle of the batch, so it came out a bit wonky. The girlfriend was too hungry to let me use her perfect one for a quick photo lol.

11 Likes

Well, I reduced the pomegranate juice into syrup. It was on the stove and I got caught up in doing chores outside. Came back in and it was bubbling like when making candy… I think I got lucky and turned it off just before starting to burn. I can maybe? taste a hint of burnt but I’ll wait until it cools to say for sure. I dribbled a bit over ice cream and on the bottom of the bowl it was like a soft sticky caramel.

1 Like

Just say it was smoked and you’ll come out looking like a gourmet master chef. :sweat_smile: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

:cheese: :cut_of_meat:

10 Likes

10 Likes

Friend with kid visiting today and asked if I had food… Come on, didn’t you realise child would be hungry, at lunchtime! :roll_eyes: Tried to do something healthy’ish.

12 Likes

Grade A parenting.
At least you came out as the hero!

4 Likes

(The pink is from smoking it, not under cooking)

11 Likes

Perhaps! I feel a bit bad now, as they offered me a meal out that involved steak! :blush:

3 Likes

If I was served this as a snack in a snack bar, I’d pay for that, no problem. This looks great!

3 Likes

(The green is from chlorophyll, not radiation)
Broccoli Number One! !

I agree on the childs plate. Would eat. Probably have. Way better than [air] fried mass produced chickynugs or eggrolls etc.

7 Likes

That’s a great compliment, thank you! :grin::+1:

1 Like

I changed my dough out for a lighter version. I like it better now I think. The OG was a milk/butter dough and it was good but dense even w extra proof time to fluff up.

This batch is an egg/butter/water dough. Its much more fluffy and also more yeasty. I think it gets an ‘A’.

A variable out of my hands is the cinnamon. I collect it and grind it myself. There is so much variation in the stick/tree/region from where it came it makes QC more broad rather than precise. Some is floral and some has that zing of a cinnamon candy making the final cinnamon roll complexion different every time. Even if I find the “best” sticks they dont last forever and exact characteristics are impossible to replicate. I have fun w it anyway and warm cinnyrolls w butter is a personal favorite anywhere for any occasion, BLoD.

Some time in the future someone will read this and indeed I will have eaten some fantastic salsa -but not yet.

11 Likes

Beans and sausage with embarrassing amount of chopped fresh mint…

9 Likes

Ube Mochi waffles

9 Likes

Angus beef burger with onion rings, bacon, fries.

I loved that the onion rings were actual onions and son some pulverized onions shaped into the form. Delicious!

9 Likes

8 hr slow cooked beef and rosemary casserole. i put way too much liquid in so i’m having a go at the broth

it’s delicious

11 Likes

Is that commonly a thing? I would hope not at least outside of the megastore food court hellscape kind of scene.

1 Like

Standardizing size provides portion control and reduces wasting pieces that aren’t up to “spec”. Better cost control that way. And the easiest way to do that is to freeze dry, crush into powder and shape in whatever you want.
I may be full of shit, but the different restaurants that have these types of things all taste the same (McDonald’s, Burger King, some other properer restaurant)

2 Likes

You will need an extruder for that type of onion mash rings.

3 Likes