Post pictures of what you ate!

I could see the cheese but wasn’t sure about the ground meat.

But that’s so easy to make, I’ll do it myself.

2 Likes

My italian genes just had an apopleptic stroke :slight_smile: is it flavoured in any way? Isn’t it coming out too raw, or do you cook it in advance?

2 Likes

Salt and pepper. Also some Pecorino…

Not really. It’s a thin layer on top of the flat bread. It’s even thiner than the flat bread.

Not at all. It is easier to spread on the bread. It’s like a butter on a slice of bread - you spread it super easily. Then salt and peepper, pecorino and whatever else you want on top. Then broil on super high. I thought it would come out raw, but it didn’t. The cheese didn’t even had the time to brown and the meat was done.

Got it …
it’s … ‘different’ but should work :slight_smile:
we usually use more greasy meat on pizza, and in chunks (like sausage) or pulled (like pulled pork or kebab), not in layers, but now that I think of it, if you spread it, it’s going to be more like a slice of something like ham or bacon … will need to try it …

Anything that is not too lean (e.g., chicken breast) is free game to me … chicken really I prefer it in a pan …

One of my favourite, when you can find fresh ingredients, is ‘salsiccia e friarielli’:

10 Likes

What I made is not really a pizza. I just had the flat bread, so I used it as base. I had the ground meat (pork and beef mix) so I used it as topping. I had the cheese, so I used the cheese.
It’s just hastily thrown together meal, that is actually quite nice and easy to make.

Ingredients?
google gives me only italian websites…

2 Likes

Friarielli:

Salsiccia/Sausage:

Friarielli recipe:

It’s a pasta sauce recipe, but the process for cooking friarielli is the same, sausage can be added directly on top of the pizza in crumbs, will cook through by the time the pizza is done …
If the sausage is spicy I usually do not add chili to the friarielli, if the sausage is sweet then I sure do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

PS. I linked ready made and pretty expensive items, but I’m sure you can find good pork sausage locally, the friarielli/turnip greens may be a little harder to source.
The peculiarity of friarielli is that they are lightly bitter, but nothing close to radish, and they survive much better than radish to being sauteed … add some garlic and chili pepper and you get a very good ‘green topping’ for pasta sauces and pizza.

A variant on it, if you can’t find friarielli is pizza with sausage, radish and gongorzola/blue cheese …

1 Like

Courtesy of the local grocery stores Deli (Coborn’s). 2 good sized servings of your choice, wing & breast, roll, and large soda for cheaper than a regular sized 10pc nugget meal from McDonalds!

8 Likes

And that, my friend, is the most important thing to me, if it is good and it doesn’t take a chef or a whole day to cook, then it is something you’ll enjoy …

Ps:
All this talk about pizzas made me call for a pizza night :grin:

Pizza margherita with added sausage and pizza valdostana (tomato, mozzarella, fontina - a local cheese, ham)

Pizza Prosciutto (tomato - mozzarella- ham) and pizza Wurtsel (tomato, mozzarella, austrian sausage)

Pizza Olive e Formaggio - tomato, mozzarella, mild sesanoed local cheese and olives

Pizza Marrgherita, to be topped with custom ingredients after they come out of the oven

10 Likes

Top sirloin, ginger, red onions, green beans, carrots, and Lao Gan Ma fried chili in oil.

8 Likes

Egg pasta with Mexican salsa augmented with fried fresh garlic, italian sausage, beans and corn.

Excuse the mess, it’s my second helping…

8 Likes

Had some sausage leftovers from pizza night, made some risotto …

9 Likes

Rice and veggies in tomato sauce…

11 Likes

made home made mac and cheese again this time with extra sharp cheddar and pepper jack. did sheet pan everything with shishito peppers onions and mushrooms this time. much better then last time. cut the chicken very thin to get a lot of color and marinade/spice on a lot of surface area and a lot of char. taste great but i think i could go a little less thin next time to get a mix of more and less crispy bits and maybe get everything on one pan. got just over 1$ per pound buying chicken breast in bulk so doing a lot of repeats only posting when i beat previous attempts.

11 Likes

Fresh baked blueberry muffins from a mix.

8 Likes

i made vegitable Manchurian with gravy and left over fried rice.

For the deep fried Manchurian balls. I made a batter with finely chopped 1/4 cup carrots, 1inch ginger , 1/4 cup french beans , 1/4 cup cabbage, few Coriander leaves, 1/2 mediums size green bell pepper, 3 green chillies with salt & pepper to taste
the I added 1 cup of refined flour and 2 TSP of corn flour to the mix untill it coats the back of the spoon constancy.
then I fired the veggie balls in sunflower oil.

For gravy:
i added 2 green chilies, a medium size shallot diced along with spring onion greens, green and Bell pepper and some cabbage roughly cut in a bowl
I then added garlic ginger paste and veggies in a hot pan with some sesame seed oil and groundnut oil and saute for 2-3 min. I then added 2 tsp thick soya sauce, one tsp of vinegar , 1tsp of sugar and some red chilly sauce and a little bit kf ketchup.
I then prepared a corn starch slurry with one to two cup of water mixed with 2 spoons of corn starch. poured it in the pan untill it started boiling then mixed the Manchurian balls with the gravy and served it with left over rice.

edit: spellings and typo

12 Likes

I should stop lurking in this part of the forum really…

5 Likes

Last night I made a skinny cheddar omelette with some salsa/

And today for dinner I am having leftover chicken salad. It’s canned chicken, cilantro, red onion, red bell pepper, avocado, mayo, lime, and some basic seasonings. Very zesty. Kind of refreshing.

10 Likes

i disagree it motivates you to cook and gives you recepie ideas. homecooking is a lot healthier then most other options in 1rst world countrys

But I see yummy food and it makes me hungry and I am eating my wife’s review snacks.

2 Likes