Post pictures of what you ate!

made breadsticks and rolling them out improved surface area to form crust. tracked down little cesears breadsticks spices and its basically all stuff i already had so added some herbs and spices to the butter that got brushed on and brushed it on then put it back in the oven to form a bit more crust. best example yet side by side with olive garden it won, but perhaps its more fresh, mine cant be fresher. need to try cheese stuffed next time and experiment with some dry cheeses for the garlic and herbs butter crust

side by side was not joking

12 Likes

Pork chop with tomato sauce, pickles and mushrooms …

7 Likes

Cabbage Roll Soup and Sourdough bread.

8 Likes

I have subscribed to Mealime and it makes shopping and stuff super easy. Basically my plan is choose 6 meals, buy nothing else from the store except what it says to buy. I cook dinner Sunday night, leftovers for lunch Monday. Cook Monday night, leftovers for lunch Tuesday. And so on. That leaves me with eating out Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch, so I get a cheat period.

Extra fancy tuna wraps. These were nice and refreshing. I usually prefer chicken salad over tuna salad, but with all the extra ingredients mixed in it was good. There’s red bell peppers and avocado, and it’s very light on the mayo. Supposed to be red onion too, but I got lazy and didn’t feel like chopping it up.

Creamy paprika chicken. I messed up and bought tomato sauce instead of diced tomatoes (it was stacked on the same stack and I didn't notice). So for one it was runnier than it was supposed to be. Plus I forgot to mix in the spices with the sauce, so it basically just tasted like tomato sauce and cream cheese (it used a whole brick of cream cheese for the base). I think it tasted okay, and am curious how it would taste if I did it correctly, but I think the tons of cream cheese makes it a little too fatty for my diet.

Garlic honey chicken with orange spinach salad. The sauce is supposed to be minced garlic, but I don’t have a press and I’m not great with a knife yet, so I just did thin slices. I actually liked it a lot. The sauce isn’t as garlic-y, but the garlic slices themselves taste very good.

The salad dressing was olive oil, salt, pepper, and some squeezed orange juice. It was okay, but mostly just tasted like salty olive oil.

Some veggie, chick pea, feta etc. salad. This one was very refreshing as well. I could lighten up on the parsley next time though.

10 Likes

Saw the potatoes idea on a YouTube video that I wasn’t able to find again for exact recipe… but it’s basically just spiral cut potatoes (yukok gold), sauteed onions & garlic, cheese… mix together and then put it in a muffin pan and cook it in the oven until it’s done.

Steak was a strip steak cooked on the cast iron this time and basted w/ butter.

13 Likes

Just some stuff to have with my evening beer…

12 Likes

Ham, cheese, and mushroom
Omelet with sausages.

9 Likes

Bread from start to finish. The last picture is my breakfast right now. I feel Pixelfed does a poor job presenting pictures.

3 Likes

Pasta last night.

5 Likes

Turmeric rice with roasted pork belly…
Gorgeously delicious…
Bir in the corner…

11 Likes

Taco Tuesday.

:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Hatch Chile and pork stew with toasted rosemary bread from the local bakery. The bread is the highlight of the meal tbh, it’s really good.

10 Likes

doing a experiment with a greek chicken recipe involving pan frying it then broiling with marinade to get a lot of color on the twice cooked chicken. its good and a very different flavor then what i made last time and im not sure what i like more.

13 Likes

Meatballs with tomato sauce and some veg…
Uploading: 16365804989731284543875829909965.jpg…

Bug… Buuuug… Buuuug bug bug bug BUUUUG…

4 Likes

Last night’s whacking huge plate of nachos. :yay:

11 Likes

Wings.

Teriyaki Beef

Grilled
20211110_181415_1

11 Likes

Chicken Parmigiana.

9 Likes

Yaki-soba noodles , “buffalo” tempeh , assorted veggies ( and roasted hot Hatch chilie ) stir fried with some Korean stir fry sauce. Messy plating, but eh, I was hungry.

10 Likes

Chickin thighs with cabbage…

8 Likes

Last day before shopping for the week, so thew together some extra stuff I had.

• Chicken breasts with Weber cajun seasoning
  • Fresh green beans
  • Green bell peppers
  • Goat cheese
  • Mozerella

Layer in a baking pan. 425 for 20 minutes, then broil high for 1 minute (I did 2 minutes and it got a little too toasty)

This may seem like a terrible thing to say, but when it comes to chicken I think I’m starting to prefer baking over grilling. It’s just easier to not overcook it.

12 Likes