Poll Syndicate

No I did not.

That looks like Sherman to me.

It is actually based on the M10 Wolverine

The M4 has curves and a closed turret, that one does not.

• Want kids
  • Don’t want kids
  • Have kids but don’t want them.
  • Have kids and like them.

0 voters

I’m like 98% sure I don’t want them. It’s causing some issues between me and my girlfriend at the moment. Probably not going to last because she’s vary adamant about having them.

That’s rough.

Our culture is very geared towards procreation. Personally, I am not interested whatsoever, and lucky enough to have married a woman who feels the same.

Let me know if you need support! Also check out r/Childfree, at least for the humor.

…are you american?

Yes.

I suppose I assumed @aLilBabyOtter is too but I could be mistaken.

/s You should see the Chinese…

I was looking for mine but couldn’t find PTSD

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions up top guys, but today was payday so I took care of the rest of my credit card debt.

Once my return comes in I’m going to use it for my school bill; in 4 installments, so I can have my cake and eat it too (gonna buy a new laptop).

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because you are too young and not financially secure yet? I was born when my mum was 17 and father was 20. Neither of them had proper job or enough money saved to afford a decent living. I didn’t even have my own room until i was 6 years old.

1 Like

Yeah basically. I won’t hit this until I’m like 30.

when i was younger i was like, no way in hell i want to have kids. Now i’m like, i don’t need kids, but i’d be fine having kids.

I think the main deterrent of having kids is the work and money it requires. I think after you’ve been working full time for several years, have your debts all paid off, figure out what budgeting is, kids start being more appealing. Also, as you get older, the marketing of materialism becomes less appealing. Its like you buy your first thing that really costs a lot of money that you have always wanted but could never afford and realize it isn’t that much better than the cheaper alternatives you could of gotten. There is nothing really to save for other than retirement and really right now, i don’t know what i would do with my time if i didn’t work.

1 Like

Paychecks

• Lol a paycheck, I’m poor?
  • Under the table
  • Daily
  • Weekly
  • Bi-weekly
  • Monthly
  • Quarterly
  • Semi-annual
  • I get paid once a year
  • North Korea is best Korea and my paycheck goes back to the State

0 voters

From the perspective of someone who has never wanted children, I wondered if this was my perspective and that perhaps someday I would change my mind, but the older I get, the less I enjoy the presence of children at all. I do not know how to interact with them until they are in the age range of having a self-developed personality. I don’t think I’d be a terrible parent, but I don’t think I would find it enjoyable in the slightest.

Why is this a problem though? Have you no hobbies? I can think of ten things easily to do with my free time besides take care of another human being. I don’t even want to take care of my wife when she’s sick :joy: (/s)

There are plenty of things to do with time and money that are non-materialistic, and raising children is pretty full of materials FWIW.

Some people also try and use the “who will take care of you when you’re old” argument, but frankly I’d rather go die in the woods.

Just my perspective (I’m not normal).

Hmm… tough choice. Guess I have to go with Lol a paycheck since I don’t get them. Have to pay all the social security and medicare with estimated tax. Glad I’m in the tax business or else this would be very complicated for me lol.

North Korea is best Korea

Sorry about the poll results, I couldn’t help myself. :rofl:

1 Like

Gotta have fun some how

The normal rule is that as economy/country/development of some kind increases, the population spikes, and then starts to come back down (see Japan). Assuming you want only people who want to have kids having kids, eventually governments will start making incentives for larger families, right?

If everyone is married, you only need 2 plus change per couple to be stable (unless you have plagues); if fewer people get married, that number needs to go up.

I guess it would be more helpful to know if people who didn’t want to have children, had kids in the past because they felt they had to. If you encourage people to have kids who don’t want to, you’re just evolving unwilling parents.