Poll Syndicate

we all gotta start somewhere lol, 4670, 2133mhz DDR3, 250gb SSD and 1tb HDD (both seagate and never died despite people at the time reeing at me), and NZXT Phantom 410 with modded side window, still a great case to this day.
That was around when I was in college and had a job for the first time, struggle was real but it was a worthy investment :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s an awesome case. NZXT used to make amazing cases… The entire phantom line, the H440… And now they have H510…

1 Like

Phantom lineup needs a revive, bring moddern features to the perfect design

1 Like

You know they probably will pump it full of RGB and glass…

1 Like

1 Like

Rainbow%20barf

4 Likes

H440 - 2013 or something

H510 - 2019

I like the bottom one more.

1 Like

Personally I never liked the h440 since I had the phantom, liked the 5.25" bays and fan controller too much lol

1 Like

Then you mist love the Deepcool Matrexx 70…

I loved it. So did Fractal Design. They made it and just rebranded it as R6…

Honestly, that is the reason I got my case instead of the H440, so I can fully understand your point…

2 Likes

Are you high, Pete?
Can’t remove the drive wall on the H440
SSDs are mounted on the back of the motherboard tray and not on the PSU shroud
PSU shroud has holes
The drives mount differently (only screwed in on one side)
The H440 doesn’t have a door
The R6 allows for the GPU to be installed vertically

There are lots of differences, so calling it a rebrand is not accurate at all.
I mean, aside from them both being rectangular boxes they don’t look similar enough to mistake them for each other.

2 Likes

No, I hate that stuff…

Ah, so they used the 2013 design and slightly updated it…

Actually they do. The HDD mounting system is the same, the internals are pretty much the same… Yeah FD added glass, added the option to move the mounting wall plate…

Actually both cases allow SSD mounting on the PSU shroud…

I would admit it’s not the same design when people start noticing it’s actually similar design. Because from all the reviews I have seen nobody even mentioned the similarities…

PS: Oh yeah, and the roof of the R6 is atrocious… They had it perfect in 2013 and then decided to have awful roofs on all their cases…

That’s because there’s only so many ways you can make a case different.
You got a mobo tray, drive mounts, PSU area (with or without shroud), dust filters, fans.

If you want to talk about copying case designs then look at Thermaltake.

Admittedly, some of those products resemble each other more than others (tbh, I don’t see any similarities between the fan controllers), while the CPU cooling block is straight up a rebrand.

I’d also say the Nanoxia Deep Silence series is more inspired by the Define R series than the Define R series is inspired by the H440.
Following trends isn’t necessarily the same as copying (and certainly not “rebranding”).

R6 looks more like H440 than F51 does to R4… Especially considering the internals are different. It’s just the outside looks, and people said the TT fans look like Corsair fans and it was ridiculous at that point.

Yes, but lifting the entire hard drive mounting system from there…
I don’t agree with that… There are a lot of ways you can make your case different. H700 for example. Closed off front, PSU shroud, no HDD cages on the front, but you can’t mistake it for another case… The Define S series - unmistakable. Even Thermaltake - they are the only ones that made cases like Core P3/P5 for the mainstream… Yeah, its a glorified test bench, but nobody else is selling a glorified test benches with glass on top… 011 Dynamic? Plenty of ways to make your product look different.

It is my personal opinion, that Define R6 have way too many similarities to NZXT H440 and this is where my dislike of this product is coming from. Also the roof. It’s fractal design standard now to have awkward horrible roofs of their cases…

1 Like

Just from photos I couldn’t tell the difference between the S any any other Fractal case with a solid brushed aluminum looking front panel.

Define C, Define S and R5. Which one is which?

Fractal cases all look the same to some degree.

The R6 and H440 on the other hand:

How about looking at the internals? It’s not like there is a huge window on the side…

Not different enough, small differences make them completely different cases. Make up your mind.

1 Like

Fine. R6 have absolutely no similarities with H440 and everything else is garbage…
I can’t explain it any better if you don’t understand what I already meant… I’m sorry…

1 Like

Not considering my arguments is hardly a win, but ok, so much win…