• change clocks twice a year, but on different dates
  • no clock change, stay on standard time year round
  • no clock change, stay on DST year round

0 voters

Yeah, like, Pick one time, and keep it!

3 Likes

I’d rather not use dst tho.

Savage… R U a Farmr? Den y?

I tend to just keep with what my company uses, so I don’t screw up my timing. As such, I use British daylight savings time scheduling in San Diego. It’s odd.

1 Like

I just don’t have words.

Next you’ll say time zones are great.
With differing public holidays
and start of weeks and end of weeks.

• Week starts on Monday
  • Week starts on Sunday
  • Week never ends, one day just bleeds into the next until staring down the botomless pit of dispair

0 voters

2 Likes

I’d prefer not everyone just use utc, but I don’t really care that much. The math is insignificant to me.

I’ve learned to automatically do -8 to all times I get when working. It’s just second hand to me.

2 Likes

My year consists of 2 weeks.

week 1: tax season

week 2: rest of year

6 Likes

Why can’t we just use utc and no adding or subtracting. No conversion at all.

4 Likes

I really wouldn’t mind waking up at 1300 every day.

3 Likes

Time zones are a social construct based on some irrelevant rotation while the planet exists in the same exact time and space at any given moment.

Clocks are like… just in our head maaan.

6 Likes

Use Unix time!

1 Like

Interesting side note: I only recently learned that there is a growing contingent of people that are pushing to eliminate time zones altogether and have everyone on UTC everywhere in the world all year long. While it does simplify timekeeping and time coordination and while I think I myself could eventually get used to it, I think it would be a bridge too far for most people (at least for those outside of western Europe/Africa). I think a lot of people expect the sun to come up around 6:00, to have to be to work at 9:00, to see the sun at its highest point in the sky about 12:00, etc.

1 Like

Can’t wait for DST to be abolished in Europe.
Don’t care if it’s winter or summer time.

Also UTC everywhere would be the end goal.

Alright now that I got my new rig, my old rig is missing a GPU and it feels incomplete. I’m wondering, should I

• Buy the first GPU I got with it because nostalgia (Evga 660)
  • Leave it without a GPU

0 voters

sell old rig for stonks

4 Likes

buy another gpu?

ehh would only be worth like 300 maybe, I know im gonna regret getting rid of it so I was thinking of just displaying it.

@psycho_666 well I wanted to get the first one I had bought so the system would be a sort of “tech of 2013” sort of thing

1 Like

Oh, he is so young… Tech of 2006 for meee…
What you have? 4770K, sata 3 ssd that can’t saturate the sata standard, molex everywhere, 1600 DDR3 ram? Oh, the olden times…

2 Likes