Poll: KDE or GNOME

I would say XFCE most likely.
The wisker menu is pretty much what the start menu in windows 7 looks like.

This is my goal

Its definitely developing very quickly.. Im gonna take a look back at Unity. Apparently Ubuntu is allowing full rearranging of the unity desktop which is going to make it pretty nice actually. So Im gonna give it another fair chance.

well there is the Windows 10 theme on Cinnamon and xfce too. Here i put it on for you... am heretic now.

From what I'm looking at that user interface really reminds me of Mac OS

There is the dark theme, im back to the comfort of Numix theme now though, i did that just for you.

@KuramaKitsune

XFCE desktop.
Its a very fun OS exaly Chalet OS 16.04.
But its basicly just Xubuntu with some theming.

1 Like

That seems pretty nice looking and simple to transition too

Well yeah the original XFCE menu does look slightly diffrent.
But you could basicly change the menu to your liking.
In Chalet OS they made it pretty much look like Windows 7.

But basicly if you are a windows 7 user currently,
then i´m pretty sure that it would be an easy switch to a linux distribution with a XFCE desktop.
Like Xubuntu, Manjaro XFCE, whatever distro you like.

Would that version be compatible with virtualization software required to make a gaming virtual machine?

Its basicly Xubuntu so i would say yes.
But you probably need to install the packages for it, like on most distro´s.
It should basicly be possible with any distribution, but one distro might be more convenient that the other.
I have not tried virtualization with hardware passtrough on a linux host machine myself.
But i think that wendell did a video on it.

I get off of work in about 40 minutes I would love to have someone on Skype to help me through the installation on my new main storage unit if you have some spare time of course

Gnome 2. It has a top bar like Mac but a bottom bar like Windows.

Are they functionally identical?
Basically just redundant bars on the top and bottom?

Yeah... Do not like.

No. The bottom handles windows and the top can be customized to have icons and such. You can see the drop down in the picture. That's where your programs go.

1 Like

Hm

I'm gonna throw Ubuntu MATE into a VM to see what that looks like. I'll post a picture.

1 Like

I love gnome, I like KDE but in KDE you have to sift through dozens of menus to do simple things as far as the control panel goes. The customization is nice but is too convoluted.