PlayStation 5 Event - June 11

THICCC version with ODD

Im 100% still PC master race. If even a fraction of this NVME tech of storage to memory is real. PCā€™s can use it better and thats a bonus,

Still PCā€™s are betterā€¦PS5 lifts the bar againā€¦steam surveys puts PC gamers in a terrible position.

But we are legion.

As from the start consoles limit PC games because there cheap. We can only hope they get better with treatment.

PCs still hold the advantage you can get around stupid dev targets of 30fps. Just buy a more powerful GPU.

1 Like

The internet just doesnā€™t know what they wantā€¦
When you people get a PS3 design - Ugh, itā€™s too big.
When you get an XBOX 1 design - ugh itā€™s too boxy
When you get an XBOX SX design - ugh, itā€™s just an ITX case
When you get a PS5 design - ugh itā€™s too sleek and streamlinedā€¦

We donā€™t need physical media, we have digitalā€¦
What is this digital garbage? I want my CDsā€¦

I for one quite like the digital design if nothing else because of the symmetry. The BR drive really bulks up one side and ruins the sleek lines.

You nailed it my friend at 30 FPS.

What PC gaming site or tech tuber is benchmarking 30 FPS at any timing vs resolution.

Consoles do

as per my friend Zefrank keeping it real.

So do any of you guys think PS5 will temporarily outperform PCs at launch plus a few months until they optimize code?

Not if you have Big Navi. Big Navi is supposed to launch this year.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a vague question.
A PC for the same price? Yeah.
A high-end gaming PC? No way.

The hardware of a console is outdated the moment it launches. You canā€™t upgrade it, so for years to come youā€™re stuck with the same hardware and can only rely on devs optimizing the software.

The UE5 tech demo ran at 1440p 30fps. Come on, not even 60fps?
The Verge mentioned that ā€œThe PS5 will also support 8K graphics, 4K graphics at a 120Hz refresh rate, and 3D audio.ā€ but thatā€™s only for the specs. The question is if it will ever be able to run games at 4K 120fps. I doubt it. Even 4K 60fps. Probably in pre-rendered scenes but not actual gameplay.

3 Likes

Nopeā€¦ My guess is AMD will release Big navi or whatever and will match and outperform them and then Nvidia will release 3080Ti and will say their classic garbage of ā€œLook how our 1200$ GPU outperforms a 500$ gaming consoleā€ and the world will suck the Nvidia dickā€¦

1 Like

The whole console can not use to much power cpu / gpu. Call it 350 W

A CPU with a 5700XT is faster cause power.

1 Like

In what? Games that are hardware optimized on consoles and have to deal with directX or whatever on PC? The whole performance discussion is completely pointless.

The main thing is a change in game design because the baseline will get a good bump and spinning rust isnā€™t the standard anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s pretty much my choice here. The PS2 will be for a title that is a collection of games that can run on the PS2. Now just to acquire the other games on my wishlist & the remaining consolesā€¦ :smiley: Iā€™d like to thank you both for the additional input you provided!

What do you think?

I think youā€™re in the wrong topic. :grin:

I have high hopes for the PS5 cooling. I just ā€œfixedā€ my PS4 Pro ā€¦ and itā€™s still louder than it would need to be.

most of the rural population and 3rd world countries love the option of being able to buy non digital version of these becos of no fiber or broadband but only costly mobile data.

I hope it will be decent, the Xbox seems to have excellent cooling, although Iā€™m probably getting the PS5 either way.

Same, I still have PS4 games I would like to carry over. That and the used market is gonna be why Iā€™m aiming for the full version with optical drive.

I will let you know, SIR my internet is faster and cheaper, SIR than many first world western countriesā€¦ SIRā€¦ SIR I will let you know SIRā€¦

Really, I donā€™t have an optical drive in my system since pretty much 2013. I understand some people still enjoy physical media and stuff, like I used to chase audio CDs because of the cover art and stuff, but honestly no. Even today some companies include downloaders on the CDs and not the game itself. People have to download 50-60gig patches day one and I heard somewhere the new COD will be 170GB of gameā€¦ How much do you think the day one patch will be on that one?

If you donā€™t have an optical drive? Iā€™d say around 170GB. :grin:
I just got PSplus for a month, mainly to download old savegames. Got Battlefront II with that and that download was 115GB already. Other games, even with content heavy patches rarely hit between 10 and 20GB. So there is still a lot of data being used from the discs.

1 Like