PlayStation 5 Event - June 11

I have a white PS3 slim (admittedly that one is yellowing by now) and a white PS4 Pro. It’s not that bad, look at white xbox controllers.

The crown jewel of the presentation has been the new Horizon game. But I want to see real gameplay. I feel like these hype trailer parades are even worse than the generations before. And there is no need for that anymore. … :neutral_face:

Anyway, here it is:

1 Like

5 Likes

Still better than …

3 Likes

Sony won… GTA5 on PS5… For fucks sake Sony, this is your brand new console opener?

On more serious note: Demon’s souls… Game over man… The fans jizzed all pants they have. Microsoft have a though act to follow. Rumors of Bloodborne remaster are floating around as well…

Unfortunately it looks like NONE of the first party exclusives are anywhere close to running at 60fps. ESPECIALLY not Ratchet and Clank, because Insomniac believes 30fps is more cinematic. No, 24fps with high quality motion blur is true cinematic. These are the same people that said Mouse and Keyboard is for PLEBS, and controller is the best way to play FPS shooters when Resistance came out. (I ran Detroit: Become Human PC demo at 24fps and the lack of motion blur is what really made it bad, and it always looked like 1/1000 shutter speed. Good motion blur implementations like Insomniac’s should run better at 24fps)

GTAV though is an old game, and 4K 60fps might actually be possible.

But, with Sony slowly opening up exclusivity you could expect some of these PS5 exclusives to run at 4K 60fps on a RTX 3080 Ti a year after release. (Detroit was already not enough for the 2080 Ti targeting 60fps at ultra quality)

Considering the last Insomniac game on x86 PC was Sunset Overdrive, that engine should hit 60fps on PC. Sunset Overdrive even had an uncapped framerate option.

Also, good luck to anyone that’s going to attempt to run Ratchet and Clank at 4K 144hz HDR. That’s gonna need the next TITAN RTX to just run at 90fps.

1 Like

I’m curious as to how did you came to those conclusions…

I’m not saying you are wrong, cause this is the gaming industry, but I am just curious how did you approximate the framerate from a stream…

I am holding mu judgment on what framerates will be used but the first game we know is running 30fps, and that stream was a clear 30 fps as well so its a 50/50 on if it was the stream being limited or if that was the actual framerate a lot of games were playing at, also RE8 looked very choppy at times so again; ill wait for the final release but im pretty sure AAA titles will be 30 fps

1 Like

I’m so behind this time I don’t even know what’s inside as hardware. But that’s the thing - I don’t really care either. 30fps will be disappointing though. The games seems good. Interesting at least if not good good. If I suddenly get rich I will be buying PS5 because that launch lineup looks really good…

If it looks good and their target is quality, it’s 30fps cap. Insomniac for sure have stated for years a 30fps cap is beneficial. That’s when I lost trust with them except if one of their games is properly ported to PC with an uncapped framerate. (Sunset Overdrive being the perfect example)

1 Like

hmm I never noticed the cd slot… yeah thats pretty big

1 Like

Great, so another marketing failure that prevents the unit from being stacked neatly with other equipment. When are they going to learn that HiFi type equipment standardised on a “box” shape in the 60s for a reason?

The “Digital Edition” makes me laugh… so what, the other one is an “Analogue Computer”? lol.

1 Like

they might not want other things warming it up so they make it impossible for you to possibly overheat it, I know my dads amp gets nice and toasty

1 Like

Not that hard to put some feet on it and vents like every other bit if high power gear that gets stacked into hifi racks. I mean I get that they might be trying to avoid RROD type failures, but IMO that just screams poor design.

They seriously need to look at buildings in the Tokyo area for their designs. The PS3 was actually based on a building that actually existed.

I couldn’t help it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i dont want it because i can’t stack it plus looks like a cheap plastic mess

if the case was metal and some how was a heat sink sure im impressed otherwise its a plastic shit

1 Like

they did this with the ps1-3 now 5

so i expect the even to be flat stackable and the odd to be shit