Playstation 2

I can if I put my mind to it I’ve flashed a ppc mac g5 main board and it’s using similar structure #ibm

Be legal :pirate_flag: don’t do illegal things :pirate_flag:

To use ps2 emulation you need to rip the BIOS and is illegal to share the BIOS

2 Likes

This makes me all fuzzy in my gut.

Back then I was much more excited for games to come out.

4 Likes

I can help you with the PS3 thing, remember I got two PS3s with Linux support running CFW 4.X. If they are fat nand PS3s then you are good.

1 Like

I heard you could enable the 8th core if it wasn’t defective, anyone ever do that

I’ve seen a bunch of people do it just gotta hope it’s one of the few not borked finding a working on it a hit or miss lotto

I have enabled the 8th SPE. On my CECHE it works fine. On my CECHA, it is definitely defective. The A has official firmware since it has full backwards hardware. The E is the Linux box with CFW since it has half hardware and half software backwards compat. And since it has all SPEs, it was the better candidate.

I need to see if I can get a recent release of VOID PPC to boot of the PS3 now. I can get Rene’s T2 to boot but compiling custom code to get the all of the user space applications that I need is a pain with the limited RAM.

2 Likes

I’ve also read that later models of PS2 have 299mhz cpu instead of the standard 294Mhz

Interesting

That’s interesting. I wonder what the EE/GS runs on the CECH[A,B]?

1 Like

Hey guys, I have ps2 slim jailbreaked…

1 Like

tell us about it how you did it and such fmcb?modchip?

new games to add to the collection
tetris
jackquiz
moto race
lego racers
starwars jedi power battles

image image image
more to the collection

1 Like

So CDs and blue discs are not working in my ps2 fat untill I wondered why the ps2 was made to stand on its side … Set disc speed to fast textures smooth in he disc drive driver option (ps2 main menu :small_red_triangle: then over disc driver :small_red_triangle: again to set these settings) then stand the ps2 up on its side.

The reason this works is the blue discs are a type of high speed cd (speed settings) and the standing up holds the disc is a spot for the laser to finally be able to Read it .

1 Like

You are in some dangerous territory there. That PS2 on PS2 love could produce a new Playstation. The PS3 and PS4 may get jealous. /s

2 Likes

another is born

got the slim working replaced the dc in jack

2 Likes

The PS2 has an incredible library of games. I got rid of mine a long time ago, but it was modded with an HDD and had some games installed on it. I would rent games… and make them extended rentals. Plus I would also use ISO’s from my own collection, for legitimate convenience. But I also owned a decent library of games for the PS2 as well. Like 15-20. Oddly I bought a lot more arcade-like games for the system. The PS2 has a wide selection of genres. Close to 5000 games?

There’s a lot of stuff on PSN too. though emulation has never been quite as good as the real hardware for this system. Though it is getting closer. But some PS2 games do have bugs and issues in emulation still. So it can be hit and miss. Plus the system still has quite a few games that didn’t make it to PSN. It is the best selling home console of all time, and easy to find in abundance second hand. For the slims and later models. I bet an SD card mod, or something like it could be done. Maybe USB?

opl supports usb loading its pretty slow thooo opl and hdloader do support smb shares which is the fastest way to play back ups and with the slim having built in network its pretty simple

1 Like

I will have to look up the HDloader. Slim units really don’t cost much money.

1 Like

This is my family’s collection (the games I grew up playing), except I own all the driving games, and GTAs. Top row is organized favorite games first (Midnight Club 3 being my favorite game of all time). I couldn’t for the life of me find Shadow of the Colossus, but it would be fit between NFS Most Wanted and Kingdom Hearts.

We also have 4 PS2 slims all of which work (I own one), and used to have a couple PS2 fats, but both died many years ago. I did have a silver PS2 slim, but I got offered a pretty good amount of money for it so I sold it.

I missed out on NFS Underground, which I’ve heard few times was amazing game. I plan to play it at some time.

I also have a Xbox 360 controller that I’m currently refurbishing, and I’ll be using PS2 analog sticks. I do wish they were a deeper black though.

These are really cool, and I’ll be trying to make one.

These are rough, but supposedly you can buy them.

2 Likes