Playstation 2

guitar hero 2 is fun but Christ the cheats took a long time to figure out to unlock all songs

1 Like

FINALLY got ace combat 3 eletrosphere japan patched to english and working on opl/hdl and emus i own the discs in japanese and patched the subtitles and text to play the game in english the NA release of ace combat 3 was a cut content arcade flying game w/o story which was shit so getting it working and playable is SO FUN image

the gif is compressed to hell

2 Likes

stole from ps facebook page not ps2 but the play station and 2004 when they introduced the sakura cherry pink

1 Like

It always took so long for coloured ones to come to Ireland. And in the end we only got silver and a few navy ones. I always wanted white PlayStation’s and we never got a white PS2, the white PSP came out after I got mine, same with PS3 and I gave up after that never got a 4.

My favourite one though is the Yellow one, never even got to see one in real life.

3 Likes

oh god its like a google dns server

1 Like

I got a Backwards Compatible PS3, I just want to play using emulation in 4K for stuff that works really well.

1 Like

Automotive one right there the red blue silver Yellow fat ps2s are cause at the time Sony japan pres love car games

1 Like

I always thought the yellow and red were very Ferrari looking. Never liked the blue or silver, they looked cheap.

1 Like

I newer really got the need for 4k on a system that can’t even load all the textures forxan area all at once…

then again I also play dothack

1 Like

DOT MY HACK I had all but session 4 not paying 300$ for a disc

brud I got each disc for 45-75 bucks lel

can only find them HYPER expensive or as a 500$ set and im saving for the linux dvds

Ps2 linux? Meh. You’d be better off tryitg to do bsd I thinkpl.

Also, play n trade in michigan is better than buying online.

1 Like

1 Like

They briefly allowed Linux on the PS3, then people broke through the hypervisor and Sony thought it was a route to piracy, and disabled Linux installation.

1 Like

i have some of those ps3’s ordered airforce surplus but its bid atm i want 5 to try a networked computing “solution looking for a problem project”

As long as they are pre 3.41 version you can go ahead, or if you can downgrade them.

Can’t go backwards after 3.41 iirc efuse I think

I started with the OG Xbox. I kind of wish I had gotten a ps2 back in the day. Maby I will setup an emulator one of these days.

1 Like

Yeah for the most part, it if came preinstalled beyond it you cannot go back but if it was updated past it you can, it is just a massive pain, but I am way out of date so maybe they have easier ways. I just remember people directly flashing the ROM chips with clip on flashers.