Planned upgrades

it did but I thought not all devices would utilize it. You could have AC but not MU-MIMO potentially. Now they are exclusive or am I wrong?

They are not exclusive but the chipset and router have to both be programmed to accept their methods of doing so and this goes all the way back to implicit and explicit beam forming. You may have MU-MIMO with 802.11AC like routers with 8 antennas LOLā€¦ but you have to have an antenna array with a greater number of antennas than spatial streams.

If he wants full 802.11-6 he needs to have an access point and all the client operating on it. Other than that his hardware is great :slight_smile:

MU-MIMO is part of standard 802.11ac.2 spec

so all wifi 6 devices will not have mu-mimo?

Wifi 6 devices will have it as an option its not a required part of the standard. It helps reception with multiple clients and improves capacity via increasing the spectral efficiency. So its likely you will see it on the access point and not the clientā€¦ OFDMA is fully ratified and required as part of the standard and thats where the bread and butter is at

Thats what I was talking about.

I thought it was requred on the client for it to be effective.

TIL

haha yeah no worries on the misconception though the internet is a sess poolā€¦ Its basically the whole explicit vs implicit beam forming deal with another tech all over again

I know some stuff but its hard to remember when you dont pay attention to it all the time.

old man brains cant retain everything so well.

Its hard for young brains evenly. The pace at which everyone is trying to boost wireless standards has made it a messā€¦ Heck consider the fact that they want a b g n ac.draft ac.1 ac.2 6 like what kind of naming scheme is this lol

Wifi world problems. Anyways @Commissar great build sorry for derailing your thread :joy: ā€¦ Not a fan of the steel legend would seriously suggest a taichi but I can understand if its a money thing

2 Likes

Itā€™s like a $10 difference. And i can add plenty of extra shit this way, especially if i go custom loop

1 Like

what about the x470 taichi?

Does that support ryzen 3?

Yep. And no chipset fan to worry about later on.

Well you will need another CPU to flash the bios update. Youā€™re running first gen ryzen right?

I donā€™t have a problem with a little derail sometimes.

Taichi x470 no has wifi, and idgaf about the chipset fan really

No, piledriver. Fx8350. Am3+. Otherwise i wouldnā€™t care about bios flash

well theres other boards out there with flashback on x470 if it makes sense for you.

Obviously stay away from the b350 and maybe some of the cheapest b450 because of terrible vrm.

Maybe it makes sense, maybe not.

the MSI b450 tomahawk is a known good one for feature set and the VRM isnt bad. :man_shrugging:

Im never a fan of embedded wifi on the mobo unless its intel? I havent looked at the specs what wifi comes embedded?

Itā€™s intel i think

yeah I saw its their brand new oneā€¦

Yeah. Itā€™s an m.2 card.

1 Like

It does, besides that pretty much all B350 and B450 boards are kinda crap vrm wise.
But of course that is also the reason why they are cheap.
And then iĀ“m not going to start about potential pci-e 4 /3 quirks,
that you could run into.
Just save yourself some headaches en just go with X570 if you can really.

I mean if you build new, why not just go with the newest stuff right?
Not much reasons to for X470 either, unless you can get a very good deal on the either the Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate, or the Asus Crosshair VII Hero wifi.
If non of those, then just go with X570.

1 Like