Planned upgrades

pcpartspicker list

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $329.99 @ Newegg
Thermal Compound ARCTIC MX4 4 g Thermal Paste $7.10 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock X570 Steel Legend WiFi ax ATX AM4 Motherboard $209.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $149.99 @ Newegg
Storage Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $181.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR MK2 OC Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG ATX Full Tower Case $179.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $113.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1173.04
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-04 10:08 EDT-0400

looking to essentially do a partial rebuild of my system. thinking its a good idea to replace the psu, it’s from '13 like the rest of my system other than the gpu

3 Likes

i click the link and get a “permission denied” message. is your saved part list private? also assuming this is a “what do you guys think?” type thread, whats the country, budget, and use case?

ill fix. general purpose daily driver, including gaming. us. budget is… flexible… planning on buying over time.

try it again

What’s the GPU?

EDIT: Nevermind

fixed again. i’ve not dont this in a while. last time i really did much was in '14

1 Like

Yeah, reopened the link and it was there.

For gaming I’d up the GPU.

That’s a lot of RAM. Doing stuff other than gaming I take it?

Could probably pinch some pennies getting a slightly smaller PSU, but not much in the grand scheme of things.

Overall pretty decent as it is.

it’s already an RX580… and i mostly jsut game, but i already max out at 16gb sometimes. web browser uses alot of ram.

Admin abused and put the parts in a chart in the OP

3 Likes

pretty solid i would be tempted to go 12 or 16 core but in your case makes no sense going beefier cpu with a 580

what resolution?

1080p atm, looking to get better. already have the rx580. gonna take it out of my current system

You must have a ton of tabs.

The RX580 is a fine GPU, it’s just getting a little long in the tooth IMO. The RX 5700 is faster in just about every situation, but requires more money.

1440 is a pretty good sweet spot right now.

depending on what you play, it might make sense.

yes. usually 3-400

The RX580 is a fine GPU, it’s just getting a little long in the tooth IMO. The RX 5700 is faster in just about every situation, but requires more money.

lol, i upgraded form a 7970

Yeah, that’s a few tabs. A bit more than my 1 to 6 I have.

I say send it. Nothing wrong with the build. Might be able to pinch pennies here and there, but what you have ought to be good.

do you think i should replace my psu? i currently running a 750w corsair cx from 2013

It’s probably fine being a Bronze unit, but wouldn’t hurt to replace it either, especially getting a fresh warranty with a new one.

Although I’ve been spoiled by my Seasonic that I bought in 2012 so my sense of usability may be a bit skewed.

Sir, you have a problem.

i’ve gotten it to over a thousand

2 Likes

You have to stop this. Its not healthy. You have a tab addiction and its time you faced it.

2 Likes