Photography from the community

I’m sure you will love it when you start using it, the film and processing can be pricey but I really enjoy using my Yashica TLR camera. Here is a few pics, at least once a roll of film i forget to wind on and get a double exposure which can sometimes be a pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m jealous of that library!

1 Like

As HEXiT said, i think a flatbed with negative adaptors would do fine. I have an Epson V700 which is great but at work I used basic Epson scanners that were able to scan 35mm film well, once you get used to the software.
Is it all 35mm film you have in the box?
edit: sorry just looked on the Epson website and the base model doesn’t come with negative adaptors any more.

It’s a really cool library, the pictures were in the Hornby Library which is part of the Central Library in Liverpool. Well worth a visit if you are ever near by.

5 Likes

Exactly, extension tubes don’t have any optics, but they are a great option to take into your yard to get pictures of insects with a telephoto lens.

They also should cost less than $30.

Lovely shots! Thank you for fueling my desire to work film. As spring approaches I’m gonna start for sure.

You will probably find that those have very limited dynamic range, and poor resolution. 300dpi interpolated to 1200dpi = smooth lines, but fuzzy pictures.

Instead look into something like this.

I used a diy version, and was able to make one good scan, and process it every 10 minutes. One of the main problems was I was using a 100mm macro lens, and the focal plane could only get 1/3 of the film strip in focus at a time, so I would focus stack 5 images.

Upon delivering the first 200 images, the client said that a lot of the pictures were blurry, and they were. It was easy to verify that the slides were blurry with a projector. Modern digital cameras are just incredible. After that he cancelled the project.

Went fishing today. Didn’t catch any fish, but there was a ton of green thanks to all the rain we’ve been getting.

15 Likes

I believe its almost entirely 35mm. I know there are some much older photos scattered throughout that there are no negatives for.
edit: I’m looking at the V600 Epson on ebay, so a good bit cheaper. Is it nearly as good as the v700? I’ve read some articles on good scanners but I don’t know exactly what specs I should be looking for.

Those clouds are stunning :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Nice catch!

2 Likes

Got a new second hand lens last weekend. An XF 35mm f2.
I am really impressed with the Fuji quality, and I got a somewhat dissent photo of the cat at home trying it out.

I really look forward to use it in some of my hobby work.

12 Likes

Relatable.
My cats are always full of dissent.

Decent
Descent
Dissent

Good pic. You can count individual strands of fur.

1 Like

Do you have any really good ones that can auto slide in and slide out to recommend. Manually sliding stuff in sucks

As auto and as turnkey as possible is the name of the game

honestly mate i have no real idea of todays scanners.
last time i did what your doing windows nt was a thing.

i just know genrally the scanner produces the best results.
if your gonna automate. then you need a robot :smiley:
i dunno if what you want even exist… sorry.

2 Likes

The V600 is more than good enough, just need to check it is good condition. If it is only for this box of pictures, you could easily sell it on afterwards.
You will need to invest a bit of time to get used to the software and get best results but I used to charge £0.75 a frame for a digital copy of 35mm film, so I’m sure it could be a fun project if you want to do it yourself.

1 Like

Warmer weather is coming, and the mountains are calling.

9 Likes

Dont eat funny berries, ok?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Image fron stock settings. Nothing fancy…

4 Likes

Pixel 6 Pro

Double Black Diamond Days in April!!

Weather in april:

4 Likes