Photography from the community

I just came home from an Easter vacation in Sweden.
The area around the house we stayed at had some amazing “winter” subjects.

Any CC is welcome, but I think it is some daaam fine snaps I got. Alongside all the others I got. :see_no_evil:

13 Likes

Image 1 could definitely be coopted into an ad for coffee.
Nice selections.

1 Like

I really liked that 3rd shot… Is it possible for you to reprocess the raw image into 10bits for the mobile wallpaper?

1 Like

I think it is the iron in the rocks making that effect. Look at the shallow water it is all red.
But I get what you mean, my GF and I thought it was poop to begin with. :joy:

I have tried to, and the colors are now in 16bit, because JPG does not support “10bit”.
The other formats like PNG, TIFF and so on only have 8 or 16bit.

Anyhow here is a link to the photo in full quality: instagram-_DSF1678.png - Google Drive
The link might not work forever. :open_hands:

1 Like

Did it work? :smiley:

Thank you! I got it. I will try to play around maybe Darktable later.

1 Like

No problem! Hope you will make something amazing out of it. :peace_symbol:

Thanks I really try to elevate, but it is hard work! :smile:

A few birbs

12 Likes

The last photo has some magical vibes to it!

2 Likes

It’s definitely my favorite of the 3

1 Like

5 Likes

Looks like a blast from the past …

2 Likes

Cropped in quite a bit, but still at 100% zoom.
Just got a new lens (Fuji XF 70-300) and saw the moon out last night, so I took a couple shots. The weather hasn’t been great, so I haven’t had a good chance to take it out for more testing.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Went to the zoo today and got some nice close-up shots from animals with the new 70-300 (on a Fujifilm X-T4) :heart_eyes:

Sea eagle - 268mm (cropped) f/5.6 1/500 sec ISO 1600

Dwarf caiman - 118mm f/5 1/30 sec ISO 5000

Kookaburra - 70mm (cropped) f/4 1/1000 sec ISO 2000

Meerkat - 300mm f/5.6 1/500 sec ISO 640

Wild dog - 300mm f/5.6 1/500 sec ISO 1000

Very happy with my new lens! :grin:

17 Likes

Wow that is some killer shots with that lens! Fantastic work.
I love how the bokeh does not get too bizzy on 70 & 300mm. Amazing rendering.

How is the IS, when shooting at 1/50?

1 Like

Is this too bright?

I might sell my camera. There’s a lot of factors. Emotional is part of it. Feeling like I’m not really progressing or doing anything useful is another. I’d kind of like to make money off of it, but I don’t want to shoot people and I don’t feel like promoting online, so it’s not going to happen.

But maybe not. I should probably start watching some photography YouTube channels again and see if that helps kick-start things again before I get rid of everything.

5 Likes

fits and starts mate.
unless your a pro and earning your living from it.
put it in a box and put it away for a while.
who knows in a few months you may feel inspired again.

as for your pic…
i would have added a little contrast to enhance the detail in the centre of the flower.
but overall it looks to be exposed correctly and the brightness is fine.
the subject is well separated from the background and the background itself is not distracting.
so technically your fine…

so it looks to me all you really need is inspiration…
if your into wildlife then go jump on the train, get out of town and go for a wander.
see what you see.
il be surprised if you come back with nothing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, it is quite nice! Though I did find it a bit busy in some of the other shots I made on that visit. But that’s often the case with shooting through cages and such as I had to do here. Especially the wild dog’s image has it with the fence in the background.

And the moon shot a couple posts earlier was at 1/60th at ISO 320. It was at 300mm and cropped from 100% zoom.
Though I did stabilise myself against a wall to make that work.

Most of the subjects I shoot don’t need real short exposures. Though I do like it for those animals to freeze movement. And luckily that often works out with daylight.
I tend to just put it on auto ISO and only play around with aperture and shutter. Only switch to a manual ISO setting for shots like that moon or elsewhere where I need to control the lighting to a higher degree.

1 Like

I felt like that aswell and what helped me through it is taking part in the 52 weeks of photography challenge by Chelsea London. Since this year it has been divided in 4 prompts per month you can submit whenever you want. The challenge is just with yourself, no one else. Posting the pictures just helps you get inspired and inspire others.

I’d give photography another change, it shouldn’t be a chore or something you must excel at to be a fun hobbie! Just like gaming is. I tend to do the same from time to time and this makes me lose interest in the things I don’t excel at.

2 Likes