Photography from the community

There is no camera that can't take a good picture.
There is no camera that can take every good picture.
It's not the tool, it's the ape handling it. ;-)

So, what is your tool?

1 Like

I do not believe that.

You should watch some of these, proof that even a shit camera can do wonders in the right hands.

1 Like

Its windows and windows software :( I will watch it , tho. At this point, if anything would help.

1 Like

Wait, what?

You do realize that this is the photography thread?

1 Like

Is this not what we are discussing ? Funny how Trev is the only one to offer any help.

I would like to help, that is why I asked you what camera you are using.

2mp asus/window cam. I have been watching these vids and I think that my old 5mp tablet did much better in low light. In fact ? I think light is my issue.

1 Like

That is almost always the case, yes.

OK, so you have a webcam. That would have been helpful to know. I was thinking you had maybe an older point and shoot, so that comment about windows software made no sense to me.

The best use of a webcam is probably as a timelapse camera. Most webcams actually have better image quality in photo mode than they are putting out in video. Maybe look into OBS? I don't really know webcam stuff but that would be my first stop.

I was trying to think up a way to duck around the stock camera app :) thanks

Took this last weekend with my home-brew KAP rig.

2 Likes

Hamburg.

[[DELETED]

4 Likes

Had to check something, so it is basically the same shot.

[DELETED]

So, I am still reducing my gear and I have it down to the bare minimum now.
Fuji X-E2 with 23mm f/2 and 60mm f/2.4 macro, that is my full setup for daily use.
So I am shooting stuff to sell again, like this:

[DELETED]

1 Like

I'll give you 80 bucks for it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Deal!

Shipping is 250,-.

2 Likes

wow... color grading much? mehehe :wink:

\ constructive feedback
I like the blood red in the water... The high contrast on the ripples is very pleasing.
The color grading comes across as well done stylization, except for top right corner where the purple is really abruptly blotchy into the nearly solid blue. Maybe take it down a notch just in that corner...?

That is just a preset slapped on and turned up to 11. It isn’t horrible but … way overdone of course. :wink: Doesn’t matter, the shot isn’t great. It isn’t even sharp. I had my old X100 with me at that moment and that camera is barely alive… xD That is what inspired me to test my X100T and the XF 23mm f/2 at the same spot. This shot is the one from the 23mm on the X-E2, which is the one that will stay. (…well, technically the old X100 is staying too but it is retired now)

[DELETED]

Edit:
Oh my GAWD! Emoji? What is this? An apple touch bar?

1 Like

ikr? also, looks like we have a little patrons checkbox over our avitar too.... not sure I like it...

Would be nice to make it optional, I guess.

Anyway, MOAR PHOTOOOO!
This one is gonna get sold, too.

[DELETED]

1 Like