Photography from the community

2 Likes

related

4 Likes

Not the best, not really that good, but I took it yesterday and thought I'd share.

Here are some of mine

5 Likes

[DELETED]

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

1 Like

That time of year… everything has to go.

[DELETED]

4 Likes

That does not even look real.

Like its so real its fake. If that makes sense. It looks computer generated.

That might be an effect of having multiple light sources around. I used five flashes to light this.

1 Like

Curious to know, was there any daylight as well or were the flashes the only source of light?

The setup looks very flattering on most materials: plastic, "leather", at least somewhat smooth metal surfaces, even the wood looks beautiful. The only exception, which triggers my OCD, the upper part (magnesium if I'm not mistaken) under that particular angle. The flashes from the many sides are reflected by the weird micro-structure of that material in such a way that it seems like the details were completely screwed up in post. The numbers on the dials particularly, and the "starry" effect looks like details were tried to be artificially regained... If that makes any sense.

I see what you mean. The pattern on the dials is a side effect of the X-Trans sensor pattern that Fuji uses. It enables higher sharpness and better color information than a standard pixel layout but the tradeoff is a higher chance of weird artefacts. That is what you can see there.

The other thing is that, as you said, there is very focussed, restricted light hitting the edges of those engravings from extreme angles and of course that does not look natural. But I had no way to deal with that without fucking up the overall look of the image. At least not in one shot. I could have done a frankenphoto, light the top separately and make it an overlay in PS or something but I didn't even had a tripod set up ... sooooo ... yeah. :stuck_out_tongue:

1/125th and f/7.1 at ISO 200 indoors on a cloudy day. I didn't check but from those settings I can safely say that there is no daylight left in the shot.

1 Like

I threw this one up a few days ago. Pretty stoked on it.

Link to my 500px: https://500px.com/mycolorblindeye

3 Likes

Ah... It never occurred to me that the layout might be part of that problem. That explains a lot.

I know, I can see by the rest of the image that everything is perfect, which is why that part is so weird. If you'd done a frankenphoto, I wouldn't have learned something new. I'm ok with that trade off.

Yup, no daylight, all flash.

@KingArthur dem laterals, hnnng...

Not sure if good thing or bad thing.

If it's in California its a bad thing lol (cause of the water shortages, if they still have those problems). XD

edit: not that the big farmers care about it...
edit 2: if you're asking why "hnng", laterals are those mobile irrigation units... you know how PC enthusiasts like to see expensive PC builds, machinists like large and heavy equipment. Well, irrigation and drainage engineers like seeing fields getting irrigated by massive equipment. :smiley:

Ahhh, I see. I thought you meant "laterals" as a characteristic of the photograph.

That shot was taken up in Idaho along I-80. Thankfully better water access up there.

I'm not a drainage or irrigation engineer (Mech E here) but I get excited when I see big equipment like this. Modern farming equipment is even more fascinating.

1 Like

Well, designing and building most of the equipment is right up your alley so I see why it's so charming. We're only on a need-to-know basis with the equipment, unless the client puts one of us in maintenance.

Today's upload.

Link to my 500px: https://500px.com/mycolorblindeye

4 Likes

If only you could back up a little and there be a third bird in the first window....

Still great shot though. I love the contrast of lighter bird against the dark window.

Also, damn son, you do an amazing job on your super wide scenic shots. (looking at your albums)

Duuuude. I didnt even see that there was two birds.

Just a little “remaster” of an older image.

[DELETED]

1 Like