Photography from the community

i tend to drive out an hour or 2 away from the city when ever i want to shoot.

you'd be surprised what modern DLSRs can do, even mid range to to entry level ones. its the lens that matters most imo.

1 Like

Agree!

Photographer

Lens

camera

imho :)

1 Like

Okay, I have been away from photography and from this forum in general for quite a few months; was reviewing for my Physician Licensure Examinaiton and just last week received good news that I passed! So yaaaaay! Officially licensed!

Anyways!

I was a local resort covering an event for my bosses, but still had time to take shots besides the convention...

Link to higher quality photo in Flickr

Shooting Information:

Nikon D5000
Sigma 30mm F/1.4
Aperture Priority
1/200th @ f/4
ISO 200
Flash Not Fired

Post Processing Information:

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015
Not Cropped

Shooting Information:

Nikon D5000
Sigma 30mm F/1.4
Aperture Priority
1/4000th @ f/4
ISO 250
Flash Not Fired

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015
Not Cropped

Shooting Information:

Nikon D5000
Sigma 30mm F/1.4
Aperture Priority
1/200th @ f/4
ISO 100
Flash Fired

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015
Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4
Cropped and Straightened

As you guys can see, certainly not my best shots, but hey, it has been awhile and I am just getting reacquainted with my DSLR and my editing programs.

So, hope you guys enjoy!

You can follow me in Flickr anytime!

1 Like

Good seeing you again in the forum

Thanks! It is great to be back! =]

Scrolling through these is so relaxing. Keep up the good work guys and gals!

the amount of picture i took before i got these is too embarrassing to admit, but working on it lol...

2 Likes

Just picked up a Nikon D5200. Got an insane deal from a display model and these are some of the shots I took when I got home.

1 Like

marketplace by Jasmin Z.

shit, is that the eye of sauron?

3 Likes

The view from my cubicle:

4 Likes

Beautiful location btw, but is your cubicle 8ft over a road?

Yea, the rainbow worked itself from right to left and it looked so cool coming out of the road. Usually cell phone pics are not considered "photography" but every once in a while.....
The second was the April snowstorm, I-84 5 miles from the Delaware Water Gap from the NY side. It's actually breathtaking IRL.

"The best camera is the one you have with you."
Nice pics keep em coming man.

2 Likes

Here's some pictures I took on a recent business trip to Huntsville, AL. All of the pictures were taken with my Canon Rebel T5 with a Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens and edited in Lightroom. Here's a link to the full album: imgur.com/a/LbXGt

These are taken at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center:

Caught myself in the reflection of the glass wall surrounding the Apollo 16 Space Capsule:

Moon rock they had on display:

This gives a little perspective on how huge the Saturn V Rocket is; you can see two stages in the picture and there's another farther down with another one or two behind me. I could have stood up inside the one of the first stage engine nozzles(there are 5 of them on the rocket).

2 Likes
1 Like

A few of my favorites:

Moody Underwater Tiger 2 Crude Awakening 3 At the base
4 Likes

5 Likes

That tiger, wow!

Its been in the top 10 on my flickr for ages now ^^