first of all, hello all! my first post here
and likely to be a somewhat long one. if you want the TL;DR, just read the bolded out text
Current PC Setup
so let’s start with my current PC setup. built it myself, so i do have quite a bit of knowledge already. but i’m just constantly on the look out for more knowledge. anyway.
- AMD A8-7650k @4.1Ghz
- 1x8GB DDR3 RAM
- don’t quite remember the mobo, but it’s a cheap asrock A68 of some sort
- Sapphire RX560 2GB
- Super Flower 550W. forgot the exact model but it’s an 80+ Bronze unit that’s been really solid.
i know the parts are a clusterfuck. but there was a story that caused it. also part of the reason i want to upgrade
What i want to upgrade
now, to what i want to upgrade… simple. CPU. as… it can barely able to drive 2 monitors… (it lags when i open youtube on the 2nd monitors, and do anything that remotely loads the cpu. like, right now, typing this and having a video on)
but ofc… FM2+ socket is dead. soooo it ends up CPU+Motherboard and ofc also DDR4 because new gen cpus.
What i'm currently planning
so i’m looking at (even more of a clusterfuck of components)
Ryzen 3 1200 *
now for the motherboard. i don’t know what i want just yet. but what i want is a ‘decent’ B450 motherboard that can support an overclocked 6C/12T without an issue.**
Klevv CRAS II 3000 2x8GB from this site http://www.klevv.com/ken/products_details/memory/Klevv_CrasII.php (because sadly pcpart picker doesn’t list them, but it’s available to me locally)***
now for the extra explanation
.* and ** originally i was waiting for zen 2 to come out. but it ended up being too far away and i just had enough with this PC. it doesn’t do what i want it to do, or if it does, just barely, and not satisfactory. so my plan is to grab a cheap ryzen 3 now and grab a ryzen 5 when the 3000 comes out (which i’m anticipating to be a 6c as the rumour says). because even this R3 1200 is about 50% ish faster from my current cpu, from what have read
.*** pc part picker does list the 1st gen one, and toms also has the benchmark about the 1st gen one. but the one i list is the CRAS II, which is i think the non-RGB 2nd gen. basically retains the same clock speed, but the timing is improved quite a bit. and it’s quite a bit cheaper than other, better known brands
now, what i want advice about.
- Motherboard options. although, watching buildzoid’s video made me think that MSI would be the safe option. but which model? i’m open to options tho.
- other general advice really.
- where do i live? Indonesia. shipping is hard
- budget? this is tricky. let’s just say about roughtly USD$350 total, but based on local part pricing. stuff can be the exact same in cost, vastly more expensive, or i just don’t have the access to.
- what do i want to use it for? Gaming. although i kinda want to try streaming… which i can’t do currently, as fps tanks so bad when i tried to do that
- fps target? honestly stable 30fps at medium-high 1080p and i’d be ecstatic. i came from a poor family and just got into the working age, being able to buy such pc myself is already awesome.
- Typical Games? Simulation games. KSP, Beam.NG, and some Sim-Racing (hopefully one day i can afford a wheel too)
- Peripherals? don’t really care just yet. am on an $10 logitech keyboard, and it’s fine for me.