Opinion on insane computer hardware prices in israel?

Generally speaking, Israel has insane prices, far worse than that of Australia which is insane considering this is a first world country with some of the most advanced systems in the world.

Here's a few of the cheapest prices I pulled converted into dollars:

FX 8350: 309 dollars

I7 4770K: 459 dollars

I7 4770(non k) 431 dollars

I7 4930k: 825 dollars

The GPU's are even more insane: 

HD 7950 vapor-x boost: 448 dollars

GTX 780: 983 dollars 

HD 7970 3 GB : 588 dollars

The prices are stupidly expansive. 

Israel is not a first world country or a real country anyway. You guys have money because of the US.
Import taxes must be super high. Also everybody there is a banker's son don't know why are you complaining about the prices in first place.

In addition, logistics like transportation cost more in Israel because imports must come by air or ship rather than by truck or rail. That all translates into higher prices.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2011/12/29/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/israelis-paying-the-price-when-it-comes-to-imported-goods#ixzz2h0PIfs00

Could always stop illegally occupying the land and move to Australia? 

+1

I would like to avoid racist discussions, if you cannot be mature about the situation you might as well not comment. 

Also, Israel IS a first would country, and a real country acknowledged by the rest of the world.  

I would like a mature discussion, I don't care about politics or whatever racist thoughts you have.  

Haha, I see what you did there peps1 ;)

Also, Israel IS a first would country, and a real country acknowledged by the rest of the world.

Apart from the following UN member states, who won't even except Israeli passports for entry, as they don't acknowledge it as a country. 

• Afghanistan 
  • Algeria 
  • Bahrain 
  • Bangladesh 
  • Bhutan 
  • Brunei 
  • Chad 
  • Comoros 
  • Cuba 
  • Djibouti 
  • Guinea 
  • Indonesia 
  • Iran 
  • Iraq 
  • North Korea 
  • Kuwait 
  • Lebanon 
  • Libya 
  • Malaysia 
  • Mali 
  • Morocco 
  • Niger 
  • Oman 
  • Pakistan 
  • Qatar 
  • Saudi Arabia 
  • Somalia 
  • Sudan 
  • Syria 
  • Tunisia 
  • United Arab Emirates 
  • Yemen

Also worth pointing out 'Israeli' is not a race. 

You may want to avoid politics, but I imagine this has a lot to do with the prices you pay on imported goods.

If a country closes its borders and antagonizes its neighbours, shipping options are limited and therefore more expensive.  

'Israeli' is a people, just like 'Australians' and 'Americans'.

That 4930k price, it's extortion!

Are there import taxes? Is there a tax free threshold on imports? Say <1000?

Why is Onion to blame for past politics? When it was the powers of the time (allied forces), that placed his people there in the first place?

Point I am making, is that the UK and US are to blame for much of that political situation. Don't be dumb.

What Berserker said. He asked for opinions on prices not any of our political thoughts on Israel as a country or generalizations on all its people.

The prices on cpus out side the 4930 dont seem too crazy. Your gpu prices suck.

Yeah, I may consider just getting my GPU's from amazon, the shipping is pretty expansive but it's still a lot less than if you buy them in the local shops. 

Sorry people shat on you for asking an honest question about hardware prices. If people want to debate politics and foreign policy they should be starting a separate thread. 

Kinda how the US government slaughtered the Natives and OCCUPIED their land eh?

It's in inbox too. Which just means that our overlords get to see it.

In the UK we pay 460 USD for a 4770k.
I don't know why this guy is complaining. 

You can always just get connections in other countries and buy parts through them and either let them build it (might have to pay for the building) or let them ship the parts through a cheaper provider (possibility of broken parts). If you're lucky, you have family that lives in places where parts are cheaper, they can help you get the parts and give them to you on their next visit.

I'm not blaming Onion for anything other than ignorance or inaction, and I have very little sympathy for his plight of expensive hardware when continued Palestinians displacement is making basic human rights imposable for many innocent Palestinians.

(I put that 'continued' in bold as it highlights this is not past politics or history we are talking about, but a ongoing problem due to Israeli settlement expansion) 

Just as I blame the civilians of Regierungsbezirk Kattowitz in germany for ignorance and inaction when the Nazis built Auschwitz. 

Your point about the Allied forces is a good one, but israel is far from what was set out in the 1917 Balfour Declaration hence the British fighting another war (The Jewish insurgency in Palestine) due to Zionist organizations like the Irgun committing terrorist attacks on places like the King David Hotel in 1946 killing 91 people, that lead to the withdrawal of British and the creation of Israel. 

All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to do nothing...

+1

I'm glad I'm not alone, might also give me your GPU prices and I7 4930K price? 

Yes.....just like that!

But, happening right now this very second to over 3 million people only miles away from someone complaining about the price of hardware for their PC. 

(Two side notes, first: I not American, but feel free to have a pop at them again, second: some people need to grasp the concepts of past and current atrocities)