oO.o's Neverending Tech Blog

Well here we are…

9 Likes

Assisted passive cooling!

You need to turn the fins 90deg to allow convection to work better :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is another flaw in the design! There are vents on the sides which I’ve oriented top and bottom to create airflow through the inside of the case. But this conflicts with the fin orientation. Since the main temperature issue is with the nvme (and probably memory), I felt that internal airflow is more important than fin orientation (even if the fan weren’t there).

I also try never to have ports facing up or down because of debris and gravity respectively.

4 Likes

Is it still overheating or did the fan help? Do you know if the NVME is still cooking itself?

2 Likes

Why not push onto the fins instead of pull

2 Likes

4 Likes

To have nice warm breeze to his feet? :gigathink: /jk

I assume the firewall is under oO.o’s desk.

2 Likes

It’s all good now!

That would be better but I prefer to have some protection over the fan blades even if it’s not much.

It’s at about stomach level if I’m standing up.

2 Likes

They make fan guards

1 Like

TIL. Ordered…

1 Like

Ok, see you at the strip club boys

10 Likes

ssd hype

so what I’m hearing is 128Gb SSDs

1 Like

500s, but used.

1 Like

I miss the old oral-b logo

1 Like

Amateur hour though.

I don’t actually use that 3-symbol version very often. Is that from somewhere earlier in this thread?

your website

1 Like

Oh right, lol

1 Like

Are there any prominent forum members from France? I am looking at using Axelor, but a lot of the documentation is only in french. Translation is OK for a lot of it, but some of the terminology is confusing.

1 Like

Cleaned up the colo finally

Also installed all of those SSDs so I can experiment with ceph.

10 Likes