Oh boy vega!.... Too bad no one will be able to buy them

I’m excited as fuck for vega. I really want to see what happens with them. But lets be honest, I can dream of perfect linux drivers, timmy over there can dream of Freesync with 1080 performance levels, and ashley can get all wet from the idea of pristine wine performance, but lets be real here… Big ass bertha will buy all of them, be a retarded little shit, and claim that bitcoin is the future and no one will be able to buy any of them until 3 years from now when all the available units on the market are burnt out duds and piles of shit.

I was really lucky to get a 580. I can’t find ANY in a local store in my county, but fuck me if any become available soon. I’m pissed that the market is going to be bled dry for a pile of autism to make some heat with.

Big fuckin woop. Bitcoin went from neat to just really fucking annoying. Segment a different market FFS. Buy FPGA’s and make some good shit for them.

1. this post is riddled with inaccuracies and misinformation and doesn’t contribute anything meaningful or positive

2. ur dumb lol

13 Likes

You’re literally a coin whore. How would I not trust that miners will pretty much consume Vega’s.

Lol, that’s literally the only thing you got correct. If the internal performance tests shake out to be near real-world performance, they’re gonna be hot ticket cards for mining.

Things you would have known and also gotten correct were you paying any attention:

• It’s Ethereum miners. Bitcoin is not mined with GPUs
  • Ethereum is specifically designed to work badly on FPGAs or purpose built logic. If anything, GPUs are it’s asic analog.
  • AIB partners, not miners, are segmenting the market by reserving silicon specifically for miners. This also has the advantage (for them) of cratering the used market.
  • Mining doesn’t harm GPU asics. That’s a wives tale.
  • You should be angry at AIB Partners and the SEC, not miners:
    • The SEC Has ruled that cryptocurrencies with crowdsales and central governing bodies are securities, but not yet done any enforcement on he matter. Civil action is the only thing that’s going to slow the roll of GPU mined currencies like Zcash and Ethereum.
    • AIB partners want miners’ money more than they want yours. They’ve made this quite clear. They’re even cutting off used cards by producing mining ASICs with no video output.

Make a livejournal or something. Seriously. No one wants this shit polluting their feed.

TL;DR stop being a dumbass lmao

1 Like

@FaunCB be honest did you have any intention of buying a Vega card at all?

5 Likes

IKR. His last GPU was an enigma machine before he picked up the 580

4 Likes

Wait, his last GPU was literally a decryption machine?

4 Likes

I mean, I hear all GPUs are pretty good at doing cryptographic functions, in general.

Weird right?

2 Likes

Still, that is a bit unfair. Those poor decrypters, they have missed out on their hobby just for aremis to play games. … Not cool.

3 Likes

I know right?

Those gamers went from neat to really fucking annoying. Go segment someone else’s market FFS. Buy FPGAs and make some good shit for them.

1 Like

I believe by “FPGA” you actually mean “ASIC”. Just like apples and oranges, these terms are not interchangeable.

Pretty sure ASICs and FPGAs are very different lel

Come on guys, of course FPGA and ASICS are very different in nature, but in this context there is no reason to differentiate. Etherium is designed to defeat purpose built logic by being memory limited. That deals with both FPGAs and ASICS and really anything else as well by locking everything to the same speed.

I think it’s in the name ASIC or Application Specific where an FPGA Field Programmable can be tailored to any number of tasks so probably not as efficient at any particular task.

I had a bunch of GPUs running for a year and nothing broke or even degraded that I could tell and they all sold to happy campers. I kept one back for a gaming PC.

I’m interested in a Vega 64 to upgrade it but will also be hoping to get one at retail rather than enter a bidding war!

No one batted an eyelid when I bought my GPUs last summer.

All I can say is… HA, HA,HA,HA, HA… :rofl: So glad I got my GTX 1070 when I did.

Both were actually used in early purpose-built bitcoin miners, so he’s not entirely wrong here. (At least any more wrong than he already was)

That said the current GPU coins don’t scale at all to FPGAs

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rx-vega-linux1&num=1

AMD giving Larabel a card to test is HUGE!

and Larabel is actually using the “!” key in an AMD GPU review:
"- RadeonSI OpenGL is outperforming the closed-source AMDGPU-PRO OpenGL driver for Vega 64 and Vega 56. Yes, you read that right; the open-source driver stack on launch-day is faster than the hybrid driver for OpenGL! This is something that has never been seen before in the history of AMD’s open-source driver stack for new hardware on launch day!"

4 Likes

Squeezed those patches in just in time.

Really happy to see Linux and AMD building an even better relationship. :smiley:

1 Like

Relevant:

I ordered a 1080ti yesterday.

10 Likes

download

5 Likes