Oh Anime

You probably didn’t get me. What i said was it doesn’t matter whether anime/manga is ecchi or not. But it has to be entertaining in one form or another. I don’t care if it’s Horror or Romance thing but it has to keep me in the seat.

I’m not going to watch a show just to see a pair of nipples.
P.S I have read Rosario+Vampire. It was pretty good.

See, as soon as you start to talk about the quality shit you start talking about manga.

Not that I’d call Rosario vampire quality.

you do know that the discussion of manga or anime is subjective right? what others may like, you may not like.

Aye, I was post facing. I was implying that when you get down to it, the manga of whatever the series was is usually better, and that I hate rosario. I didn’t say, or imply, that you can’t like it though.

Rin was excellent. Elfen Lied just wasn’t my cup o tea either. Hellsing Abridged is one of my favorites.

So what do you suggest i should read. I have read Berserk, Gantz and Claymore. At least those are my top 3. I was looking for something similar but didn’t find anything.

Anything by Naoki Urasawa is good. Zetman is good but the releases are really sporadic, and isn’t this the anime thread?

i love how this thread became a bit off topic was meant to talk about how anime became so moey…

I know an upcoming anime called Bikini Warriors, I can’t believe anime has stoop so low… ._.

i like where this is heading ┌(▀Ĺ̯▀)┐

I kinda understand what OP is saying. There are a lot of anime I start watching like the story then stop watching because I find my self saying “ENOUGH WITH THE TITS ALL READY!” I mean I really don’t care every-once in a while but I feel its getting a little insanse lately.

I think Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan did fan service perfectly, was well placed and occasional not saturating the show.
Here is some good support for this feeling using Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan and Kill la Kill as an example.
Both created by the same people pretty much.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan (April 1, 2007)
http://images3.alphacoders.com/733/73387.jpg
Kill La Kill (October 3, 2013)

3 Likes

How fucking hilarious would that be if he actually said that?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is the same guy as the picture, I remember I read something that a anime creator quit producing anime because he disagrees with the path of anime is heading to.

@Leon_the_Loner Thats what he practically said

@RazorLR1 thats him

The problem is that too many weebos buy and support these new tasteless animes with nothing but fanservice. Then production companies think that is exactly what people want, so they make even more of them. Moreover anything that contains an extreme violence gets censored or denied to air on TV. So the rest of us who want quality shows like Evangelion will not get them because the japs think everybody wants nothing but moe moe bullshit. Frankly It pisses me off.

I don’t think that the market share for the foreign anime buyer are that prominent in comparison to the domestic sales of anime goods in Japan.
I think of it in a way as the Music industry in America which the demographic is more aimed towards teenagers hence why they radio is godawful.
Those companies in Japan are simply hitting their target audience. Sure once in a while you get a damned good show with almost no fanservice if not any at all with great character development and amazing story telling.
We can also draw the comparison between the Anime Industry in Japan and the Music Industry in America, its simply over-sexualized.

Yes, i was referring to domestic sales. There are too many japanese who are jerking off to the over-sexualized anime. I mean I don’t have a problem with them jerking off but god damn it don’t pay for it.

Not quite. If he said something as stupid as an entire medium being a mistake he’d just be wrong. I believe he was specifically addressing otaku, and some animators.

I don’t think anime is over sexualized. Most anime, just like most media, lacks substance.

You know what a great anime is…