Official Skyrim Discussion

Just thought I'd throw a couple of my screenshots in here :) Any questions about performance/ rig/ mods etc. I'll be happy to answer :)

(If you like these, check out my Flickr)

What ENB are you using? These screenshots are beautiful.

1 Like

A few ENB recommendations.

Mistveil ENB: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42957/? The Whisper of Winter preset in particular, very cold looking, but it's a little colorful.

Seasons of Skyrim: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23812/? If you want something cold the seasonal color pallet is great for that, but this ENB can be a bit more demanding.

Poupouri: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41470/? One of my favorites. Somewhat bleak, not very contrasty, and quite cinematic.

1 Like

Cheers bud :) I'm using the 'Seasons of Skyrim' ENB, specifically the 'HD6 Tribute' version. The only thing I've changed is the length of the godrays, I love 'em long!

1 Like

They sure look pretty, but more and more I'm realizing that I'm more concerned with performance over visuals. I've become so used to 60+fps, that I find it incredibly noticeable when I drop too low beneath that. This may sound crazy but I actually kind of like vanilla with a few enhancements which I know is sacrilege as I'm playing it on the PC lol. I appreciate the thought though as they do look gorgeous. 

1 Like

Yeah they're very nice. What are you running it on and how's the performance?

1 Like

PC Specs:

CPU - AMD FX8350 - 4.2GHz + Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
GPU - MSI R9 290 
RAM - Kingston Red HyperX 8GB - 1600MHz 
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 
HDD - Western Digital Blue 1TB - Seagate 320GB 
SSD - OCZ 120GB 
Case - Zalman Z11 Plus 
PSU - EVGA 750 B2 - 80+ Bronze 

Drops to about 18fps in cities (which have been modified), averages about 30-40fps outside, 60 in caves :)

1 Like

Skyrim is such a beautiful game, tobad i´m not realy good in it.

Maybe someday i will start to play it, but i dont have any mods, just a bald first version of the game.

So i dont realy know where to start with modding and such. because at 1080p my 7870 is allready starting to struggle with the game, let alone if i trow tons of mods in there.

Maybe im going to play the game more actively, i played it 2 times, and wasn´t able to escape from the village in the first level lol.

I´m kinda terrible lol

1 Like

Haha I'm sure you'll get better with practice :) 

If you do want to get into modding, Skyrim Total Enhancement Project is a really good starting point. They have 2 paths for modding, depending on how good your hardware is. They provide a good guide for improving graphics, fixing bugs and other general fixes/improvements. It may seem daunting at first, but given a couple of hours, it'll be second nature :) Link -> http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9

Guys... I think I'm gonna have to start playing Skyrim again.... 

I'm not sure if I can recover my Skyrim state and go back to how it was almost a year ago... I have a backup but I think I'm missing some mods. I kind of just want to start over with a clean save. But I invested a lot of hours into my old game... Ugh, decisions decisions.... 

I wow, I didn't realize that was Seasons of Skyrim. Those lengthened rays must make a big difference. That or it's just a specific area.

You might check out something like Performance and realistic ENB: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37978/? It has a cold version that looks really nice.

I would recommend using Mod Organizer if you do go back, as you can view what .esms/.esps were on that save to prevent causing crashes/bugs etc. I put a lot of hours into a couple of saves but still ended up starting a new one as it kept crashing, just use it as a chance to tackle things in a different order, or play as a mage/ranger etc. 

You could also mix up the fun by installing

• Quest mods (Undeath, Shadow of meresis, Helgen Reborn, Moonpath to Elsweyr) 
  • Gameplay overhaul mods (Requiem, SkyRE, Frostfall) 
  • Climate overhaul mods (Seasons of Skyrim project, CoT winter edition) 
  • New land mods (Falskaar)

So something on my pc deleted half my mods and messed up the naming on the rest so I'm just going to save my saves and delete everything. I'll remod it some other time if I feel like it or if I build a new pc. Next build will be when we see new architecture from both intel and amd and when the new sets of gpus are out. So I'm not going to be active with Skyrim until then. Happy modding guys.

Hey guys i'm kind of new to modding but have a pretty capable computer. I tried the seasons of skyrim mod but had trouble getting it working :?  What mods do you guys suggest for a moderate graphics boost without killing the performance? And one with pretty clear instructions lol.

I've spent the last 2 weeks modding my Skyrim and so far found that Cinematic Lighting ENB is the best I have come accross so far for not gimping performance too much while still vastly improving the lighting. Sombre Dreams ENB is also very good if you turn off depth of field (you can always add Dynavision if you desperately want it) and makes interiors look fantastic without having to add RLO or EL&FX, but it has very wide black bars top and bottom, annoyingly they dont actually change the aspect ratio just mask over whichever one you are running natively.

I used to be pretty in to modding skyrim spending alot more time tweaking and installing mods than actually playing the game, at most I had 160+ mods installed along with an ENB, I have moved over to Mod organiser and im currently having some problems last time I try to load my game mods where missing from the game. If i get it up and running ill post screenshots. and one thing guys how do you take your screenshots? I have not been able to even open skyrim when running dxtory

I grabbed mod organizer which definitely makes some things easier. ENB's seem like a slightly more complicated process but I'll get it figured out. In the meantime I'm having some slight stuttering when running up hills and such. Does any know a good mod to just kind of smooth things out. I thought it might be performance issues but it's definitely just the game.

Here are the screenshots of my game took some time to get it up and running and I still need to tweak some settings as days can be too bright and nights too dark, but I think I just need a torch at night though 

https://imgur.com/a/wuaf6

Sorry for the late reply, hope you got it sorted. 

If you didn't... You need to be sure whether or not it's micro stutter or just frame time variance, the best way is to go and crouch near some grass that sways left and right. Make sure you're in an area where you are getting a solid frame rate of 30+ and just keep watching it, if you're stood still and it's still jittering, that's micro stutter, if not, your mods are weighing your system down so you'll either have to deal with it or drop mods/upgrade hardware.

Without knowing your rig or mod setup, I can only offer generic advice such as checking your drivers, disabling your ENB )if you have one) & removing mods. Hope this helps :)