Official Skyrim Discussion

The pictures dont do very much justice. Looks a lot better in game.

Just found this ENB

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyr6xLsTYUE

Apparently it kills computers but if I can get it to run 30 FPS + I think I found my new replacement for RealVision :3. Saturated enough in the sun without being too saturated like RealVision but bleak enough in bad weather but not too much to be like Bleak ENB

Yeah I've decided to give an ENB go (if my card can handle it) and am gonna go with the Opethfeldt6 ENB. I remembered seeing it in a Gopher vid a while back and decided to seek it out again. It aims for a more realistic feel and...wait, why am I explaining this? Let Gopher do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wT-9wVXPyE

I find there too much contrast between shadows and light. Though as Gopher said, its mostly the day light is too bright. To the point in some areas where its blinding. I agree it is a good ENB though. Missing DOF is a bit of a shame :\

Yeah the sunshine is a little too bright, which is a shame as the bad weather looks really good. Personally I'm not a big fan of DoF so that's not a big deal for me. I just hope I can get decent frames with it. Once I've got it installed I'll post screens and thoughts. Might be a while as this'll be my first time installing an ENB.

Any Nvidia card users tried to use Nvidia Inspector with Skyrim? If so, notice any improvements?

And in case you guy are wondering about me and the game, I have now clocked 19 hours total. So it looks like I'm getting back into it.

Is anyone else unable to download SHD FULL - Towns from here through the mod manager?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D607&pUp=1

The mod manager says it's unable to find it and I have to download it manually but when I do that it screws up it's name and puts up a bunch of errors.

So, my first attempt at installing an ENB was a success. Here are my initial thoughts:

1) My frames are actually okay, hovering between 40-50 fps. However, having become used to playing at 60+ on most of the games I play, it's a little hard to get used to.

2) My GPU is hitting temps in the high 70's. I'm not sure if this is okay or not, but to a worrier like me it's a bit scary (are these temps ok?).

3) There's a fair bit of flickering going on as well as some screen tearing. I put the tearing down to the frame-rate, but I don't know what the deal with the flickering is. 

4) I can't get rid of the lens flare! I opened up the in-game ENB menu, and tried de-activating the things that I thought were the lens flare effect but no joy. Probably an error on my part.

5) Peoples faces are kinda blurry.

6) Visually, I'm not sure I'm feeling it. It looks different, but I'm not sure that it looks better. I did disable all my other visuals (minus the official HD pack) and haven't fiddled about with all the settings yet,but in it's default state I'm not sure it's really a big improvement.

So in summary, I kind of wish I hadn't installed it lol. I'll do some reading up on it and see if I can get it to look better, but right now I'm leaning back to vanilla with the various visual mods I had.

Update: Okay, so I really don't like this at all. Unfortunately I didn't back up my Skyrim before I installed it (lesson learned!) and from what I've read ENB's can be pretty tricky to uninstall so I might just have to wipe the game and do a clean re-install. I did find this and this, but I also installed the Particle Patch which was recommended for use with the ENB which changed some stuff too. Fortunately I own a physical copy of the game so the re-installation won't be too long a process. Harumph.

I have two different backups, One completely stock and another with basic must have mods installed. I just delete and restore if need be which I have had to do a few tiems with this enb. 25 FPS with just the ENB, not other mods. Ouch?

OK, K ENB (What a piece of art) but the K stands for Killer as in it kills GPU's. The creator wasn't wrong. A lot of tinkering needed to get this running on a single 780.

Very nice. That shot of Riverwood in the late or very early hours is really cinematic. Is it playable?

On another note, I was able to wipe Opethfeldt ENB and re-install Skyrim without a hitch and it didn't take me long either. I would like to test some more ENB's out at some point though.

Its playable with ambient occlusion, SSAO and indirect lighting turned off. A solid 33 FPS, Have had some drops here and there to 22 but they are not common. Dam forests.

K ENB ended up being just too heavy even with a lot of stuff turned off or toned down and the end result I wasn't liking that much, Something weird with the AA but going to give jasmine ENB a go. 

I took a look at the jasmine ENB. Again for me it looks a little too bright. I like them when they retain the cold feel of the game, but they seem few and far between. Shame that K ENB was so heavy because it looked really nice.

1 Like

Hello there.

I came on this site to search for some help that, with the help of this site, I built at Christmas time. I haven't been here since, but before I post a thread asking for help, I'm here so I may aswell make my contribution considering I've played a hell of a lot of skyrim recently.

Has anybody seen the Mod 'Undeath'? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40607/? 

Been playing with it recently and it's REALLY good, allows you to roleplay as a necromancer. It generally revolves around stopping these powerful necromancers from becoming immortal liches and basically destroying everything, but it's not like other mods. You can choose to stop them being evil and halt their evil deeds or you can take them out and then steal all their research in order to continue the search yourself to become a powerful lich.

It's got a full storyline and everything, I'd recommend people check it out as even though it's quite popular (5k+ endorsements), it deserves more.

1 Like

Anybody having issues with Realvisions AA not working? Ive been trying to ignore it, it isnt too jagged but enough to notice and it drives me nuts. See it mostly on weapons and on small fences (has that same effect if a news caster wore a striped shirt on air, really annoying)

1 Like

my sapphire hd7870 cant handle extreme modding

1 Like

There isnt a single GPU solution that can handle extreme skyrim modding yet. Maybe in 5 years. Still playing at 20-40 FPS.

Hey there. Hope you got it sorted, but if you didn't, open up enblocal.ini. Scroll to the bottom and take a look at the anti-aliasing section.

Mine is: 

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=true
EnableSubPixelAA=true
EnableTransparencyAA=true

There are a few jaggies sometimes but overall, a very pleasant experience. A word of warning though, transparency AA creates a ghosting effect on things reflecting light. I saw things because it varies from grass, to torches, to NPCs etc. If this becomes too annoying, just turn it off. (You can barely tell the difference in AA with it off anyway tbh...)

Best of luck :)