[Official] L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

Bedrock edition was written in C++ which is why it runs better, however, only works on Windows.

Java edition runs on anything and it what most of not all the plugins and mods use that you’ll see in the wild.

3 Likes

I was under the impression that the Windows 10 version was just straight up incompatible with Java? Is that not true anymore?

t.boomer

1 Like

Yes, it is incompatible.

1 Like

Okay, yeah. So if you want to play on this server, Java edition, it is.

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve programmed a simple client-side dynmap.
Check this out: https://github.com/max1220/l1t_mc_unofficial_map
Hosted version here(sometimes, will host 24/7 in the future): (old, see below)

I hope this is fine. You might need to scroll up. Also I’m working on this currently, so expect changes/downtime(This is just port-forward to my dev PC)

EDIT: The map is now available 24/7 at https://mc.max1220.de/l1t_unofficial_dynmap/

6 Likes

This isn’t constantly polling the server, is it?

So long as it’s not causing increased server load, I’m 100% okay with it. (we’ve been trying to track down crashes and load issues for the last 24ish hours. We think we’ve got it sorted)

2 Likes

No, it’s completely client-only. It’s only “connection” to the server is though the minecraft client I play with(With the disadvantage that when I’m logged out it doesn’t update and the dynmap only contains chunks I’ve seen, ingame. This is not a bot client, I actually play on that client).

3 Likes

Ah, that’s totally fine then. Nice work, BTW!

At least, in my opinion, it’s fine. No different from having an ingame map mod. I’ll let one of the L1 crew members make the final decision on that. Don’t want to step on any feet xD

2 Likes

BTW, It actually uses a regular ingame mod map as a “backend”: The export function triggers a script via inotify, that triggers scaling etc., and the correct symlink. The rest is javascript, and some manual calibration for the map offset.
I’m currently working on zoom, markers, and adding support for URL arguments to show a position on the map. When I’m happy with it, I’ll host it on my server, not on my dev machine.

1 Like

I am now crazy cat guy.

8 Likes

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I can’t enter the spawn area. Once I hit the chunk it teleports me back by 1 chunk.

1 Like

congratulations @Engle for winning the mossy cobble bounty

New Bounty: Light stone

2 Likes

I hope that the cheat software can be sorted out for mods that are definately not cheating. Through process of elimination i found that the cheat software discriminates against all mods. even Forge, which is simply the mod that helps you load mods. stuff like Inventory tweaks do quite a lot to make the user experience for minecraft more intuitive. So please consider this in managing what the server says is cheating. Certainly other servers are able to use whatever software they use allow certain client side mods and deny others.

Thanks for the consideration

*** Edit after being frustrated with this i went completely vanilla and I am still being flagged for anticheat and kicked

1 Like

I thought the server was Supposed to be vanilla? as in, no userside mods?

2 Likes

Vanilla implies the world we all share is unmodded in my opinion, and frankly im surprised it is not obvious to you when I differentiate by saying “client side.” why would it matter to you if i want to organize my chests automatically, have a custom texture pack, show mob health bars or hungerbar saturation, or use optifine to aid my shitty laptop’s fps.

Are there cheating client side mods, yes, but certainly there are many that do not affect “vanilla” play

there are already “cheating” things with a nether highway on the wrong side of the bedrock. i dont know why people are the slightest bit confrontational with what I am suggesting

1 Like

Okay, something’s wrong here. I’ll run it up the flagpole.

@wendell

Looks like the anticheat mod is borked.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope we can be true to vanilla too by taking out the option to be on and use the top of the nether bedrock. building a highway through the nether should be hard. Though this might require a fresh start to be fair

1 Like

We had some ahem security issues with what appeared to be people purposely crashing the server to take advantage of duplication. So we spent a good bit of time yesterday trying to lock it down. Pretty clear we swung a bit too hard.

1 Like

The problem is some client side mods allowed things like flying and xray to find the blocks and stuff.

If we hadn’t literally had folks doing that yesterday, it probably wouldn’t have been so restrictive.

The defaults here are the anticheat defaults for those specific plugins.

2 Likes

I was online at the time. After these pains are sorted out and while the server is still young, I hope we can set things up to have a world where we are able to add some server side mods. For example I think it is very reasonable to have special portals at spawn that allow for alternate realms that dont impose themselves on the vanilla map, such as skyblock and hungergames.

If others are keen on this idea, it would be smart to do it before people get too vested in our current map.

1 Like