[Official] L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

After much discussion, the L1 Devember Minecraft server is UP and RUNNING!!11one!! Before I give out the IP, READ THIS WALL OF TEXT:

RULES
The golden rule of the server: Do not grief other players! No destroying other people’s builds or stealing their items. To help prevent this, we have an anti-griefing mod which allows players to create landclaims like so. You’ll be able to expand your protected landclaim over time as you continue to build.

In addition to this singular rule, our usual forum rules apply as well. Be polite and have fun and please don’t make me have to pull out a ban hammer.

BUILD CONTEST
As we’ve mentioned in the last couple videos, there will also be a build contest for the community on this server! Players will have until the end of this month (December 2020) to complete their projects. At the beginning of January, we will award f a b u l o u s p r i z e s to our top picks, including mystery hardware from Wendell’s stash, and merch of the winners’ choice from store.level1techs.com. You can submit your build by posting your coordinates in this thread, and posting a sign in your claim with your forum username.

What kind of builds are we looking for? Anything, really. I personally love builds that work with the natural terrain of a biome, or use materials in unique ways. None of us would say no to some cool redstone work either. Build the darkness that’s in your heart.

(Not much of a builder? Don’t fret, you can totally just hang out and play for fun too!)

JOIN US
Minecraft version is 1.16.4 and the server is vanilla survival. Come join us at 173.230.135.70.

28 Likes

Will there be Dynmap or whatever it’s called?

1 Like

Probably not for this one, though we can look into it. I built a minimap at the spawn area with directions to make it a little easier to navigate when you first log in though.

2 Likes

Alrighty, that works good enough for me. I know Dynmap can add some overhead, especially if people wander off thousands and thousands of blocks.

Also, is this creative or survival? I know some people only like one or the other.

1 Like

2X overhead, and disk space varies depending on settings. Full render of a 10,0002 map is like 50 GiB of disk space. More than the world file.

3 Likes

Eh, pretty minor overhead :grin:

On an old server I used to moderate the admin had to set the world boundary at like 7k x 7k because the server would commit sudoku by Dynmap if it was much larger.

2 Likes

You must work for Java.

4 Likes

at this point wendell must have so much affiliate link’s linode credits, he could probably rent whole datacenter just to run minecraft!

4 Likes

Ooohhhh I will have to get into this. Been away from Minecraft for a little while so would be good to get back to it.

Thank you too.

3 Likes

RIP boat

2 Likes

Been feeling a bit of buildybuild myself.

Not sure if I should now out of the raffle though, considering member of staff.

1 Like

Nice I’ll get on later, there’s tons of time in between resin refills in genshin impact

2 Likes

I’ve never played minecraft before but have the Windows 10 edition of it (I know it’s not the one to get :3) and I gotta start somewhere. To add a new server it asks for the port number, where can I find it?

1 Like

25565 is the default.

You generally can’t connect to a minecraft java server from a minecraft window 10 edition (otherwise known as bedrock edition) client. It requires a (imperfect) plugin on the server end.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, would’ve been useless on the server anyway :pensive:

1 Like

How long will the server be maintained for?

2 Likes

We have a standard Lv1 minecraft server for long term use, I believe this is just for a contest

4 Likes