[Official] L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

I’d like to mention that you can easily disable rendering of various zoom levels for most Dynmap plugins, reducing the needed storage. Also, after the inital render, CPU usage(tick impact) is pretty low. I usually don’t see the Dynmap in the generated profiles. (I host a minecraft server myself, using PaperMC)

Also, I recently found out about https://github.com/BlueMap-Minecraft/BlueMap - It’s a Google-Maps 3D like renderer/dynmap, similar to the 2D/Isometric Dynmaps, but with actual 3D using WebGL!
I also run this on my own Minecraft server.

4 Likes

I’ll be issuing an in game Bounty Event, there will be a reward for anyone who can get me 5 or more Lily Pads

reward details will be revealed after I get back from work

in game bounty event will have zero impact on scoring or ranking on the contest, will trade for ingame items only

3 Likes

The server probably needs to be moved to paper-server and/or provisioned some more resources. The tick rate is low that opening chests is slow etc.

2 Likes

RIP

4 Likes

and now, a word from our sponsor

4 Likes

Aaaaaaand it crashed again.

Some people seem to have lost some stuff with the previous crash as well. I managed to get duplicates.

5 Likes

Is the claim block limit going to be increased at all?

It seems like 2,000 is the maximum amount, which is only about 44 blocks squared.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get an update for ya.

2 Likes

@0skillz and @RefinedAlarm won the Lily pad bounty!

New bounty: Mossy cobblestone

4 Likes

OMFG that is hilarious. When I heard @ryan make the bath water joke, I almost cried during that L1News episode because of how funny it was, especially with @kreestuh response

4 Likes

Got a timestamp? I must have been zoned out during that bit.

1 Like

48:04

2 Likes

Just like one mossy cobblestone? I’ve got one in a chest somewhere.

1 Like

Slightly OT, but did anybody else notice that ryan seems to know an awfull lot about moonrocks? Also the timing is kind of suspicious, 42:00 'yall!

1 Like

jungle at 4500 / -8800
i hit the wrong button, disconnected and now looks like server may have crashed again? lol

4 Likes

I’m thinking like 32
I’m out of diamonds but I’ve got some lapis, emeralds, redstone and 3 slime balls

1 Like

I have always wanted to try Minecraft, where would I begin. Would someone be so kind to inform me of what I need to join the party?

1 Like

Well, minecraft will run on pretty much anything. I was able to push 3840x1600 on my Intel UHD 630 laptop and hit 75hz no problem, on Linux, so GPU is basically not required.

As far as getting started, just buy the game, then there’s some intro tutorials on youtube. I’ll link a few below. The barebones mechanics of the game are taught to you in-game. Things like gathering the essential resources and crafting are taught in game.

Another thing to note: when you join the server, you won’t be able to break any blocks right next to where you spawn. This is because of a server feature called spawn protection. It basically prevents people from destroying the spawn region, so that new players have a little (16x16, by default) area to orient themselves when they join.

This one’s a bit long, but the first 10ish minutes should teach you everything you need to know.

2 Likes

The kids told me about ‘Steam’ so I have been using it to purchase games, 3dmark and PCmark. Would purchasing through Steam have any negatives?
I’m also using Windows 10 pro, AMD 3600, 16g ram, AMD RX5700xt and 1tb of hard drive

1 Like

Yeah, you’re golden on specs.

I don’t think Minecraft is on steam, actually. You have to buy it on minecraft.net:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/about-minecraft

There are two versions; the Windows 10 version and the Java version. You want Java. Windows 10 was Microsoft’s attempt to fixup the codebase and make it windows only, which utterly failed at adoption.

Here’s the direct link to the purchase page:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition

3 Likes