[Official] Devember 2022!

Hello im Ryan from Vancouver Canada, been dabling in code here and there never fully commiting to learning a language just getting done what I needed to at the time for work etc… I have made a CRM in Django in the past and a few programs to integrate things like commercial scales into a industrial process.

My main job title has been IT Manager but since its been for small companies this really just means IT Jack of all trades. In my last job which I worked for 5yrs I also did a lot of Industrial Automation.

The past month or so iv been trying to build up my github projects as after christmas I will be on the hunt for a new job(was laid off in september).

Here is my Devember project…
Project Github
Live Site
My Project Post

SlainbyNetflix.com

A few weeks back Linus from LTT made a comment on the WAN show about wanting a website that listed all the shows cancelled by netflix. In the vein of killedbygoogle.com so I am making SlainbyNetflix.com

I have already finished a prototype, that I believe has all the cancelled shows on it which I scraped from themoviedb.org.

I need to refine the scraping program as while it works it definately has some bugs(a little loopy when it shouldn’t be)

Most importantly I need to come up with a way of figuring out if a show was cancelled suddenly or ended gracefully.

After reading another thread and a suggestion there by @MilzyBee of a tutorial covering how to create a speach sentiment program in python I thought an idea might be to parse all the reviews on the last episode of a show and flag that Netflix Series as probably ending suddenly.

Then a reviewer can quickly double check it. Whilke this still needs manual review it will be a lot quicker than a person checking each one seperately.

5 Likes

Ryan from Vancouver, Northernlion is that you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ryan from Vancouver, Northernlion is that you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

he is in Ontario isn’t he? Just a short 4500km(2800mi) away

also I feel welcomed… your one and only non official post :wink:

2 Likes

After the pandemic lots of people have learned that new skills are very important while doing work from home, Skill may contain Java development and its most important topic are encapsulation. When people start developing new skills they need to focus on the learning process and need to sit in from of a computer for about 9 to 10 hours a day. They start facing issues in the form of medical terms like back pain etc therefore I have solved this issue by writing complete guidance on the best office chair for upper back and neck pain. Click here to get more guidance about chair reads.

RepoRoulette: unprepared code reviews to an audience of peers.

entry:

I have a blog/website of MD (markdown) files. I previously used Hexo to build that into a static HTML site. Try to automate the build + publish of this into some sort of pipeline.

Throwing my hat into the ring, for second year in a row. I didn’t figure to announce my project in the Devember thread last time, or to finish it in time. Let’s try to do better this time:

Umium - the universal data modeller

1 Like

My Devember project is to make a complete and playable game on Roblox.
I’ve helped my brother design a few, but have been very hands off with actual code.

This time, I’m coding everything.

Link to thread: Devember: Making my first game... in Roblox

i’m a bit late to the party but i’m a aplied computer science students. which means dabble in microcontrollers and such. my plan is to get an microcontroller attach ed to a adressable rgb led strip to show the current state of my unraid server(first 20 leds represent cpu usage, second 20 ram and third ) igpu usage when transcoding.

i’m currently storing all this information in influxdb and i thught it would be easy to extract that information using the influxdb arduino llibrary. however while writing to the database is fairly easy reading from it is a absolute convoluted mess of classes and parameters. will so i’m using mqtt and a python script as a means of communicating betweend the database and the microcontroller i’ll post a video when i have it working

good luck everyone

1 Like

Hello. Long time tech lurker. New dev looking to participate in #devember2022 . I am going to launch a website. I can’t post links.

Minimal Viable Product - Launch a website! - Community Blog - Level1Techs Forums

1 Like

Hey everyone, I dont really post here as i dont have the mental capacity for online forums (SORRY)

But here is my devember project, I’ making an overengineerd golang site and api template with database, authentication, html templateing, server side rendering (smth like nextjs) and more.
It’s honestly just a passion project because I enjoy overenginerring.

My devember project is to build a dockized internet health logger and monitor with python for collection of data, MongoDB for storage of data, and Angular for displaying graphs based on said data.

1 Like

Final days are here. Get hyped!

Or panic?

4 Likes

Porque no los does?

I don’t understand what you’re asking and it isn’t because it’s spanish.

2 Likes

Why not both?

1 Like

Ah ok. I did not comprende “does” properly.

Indeed, both though as I am trying to button up several things at once.

1 Like

Oh… I just now realizing autocorrect have corrected the dos part to does…
That’s what I get for using mobile…

1 Like

Oh yeah, I thought you were writing spanglish like “why don’t you do it” or something.

In any case, new commits coming today and tomorrow to my project!

1 Like