Official Cities: Skyline Thread

When would someone use the roundabout section?

1 Like

to turn left or around

2 Likes

You can go straight ahead without going off the highway.
Turning right have itā€™s own dedicated slip lane.
Turning left - you go to the slip lane, go to the roundabout and get off whenever you needā€¦
U turn is possible only on the roundabout.

So basically like @ThatBootsGuy said, to turn left or make an U turnā€¦

1 Like

I tried to start making a new mapā€¦ Itā€™s not going wellā€¦
I used real world terrain height map and believe it or not, the river bank doesnā€™t let water to flow. So yeah, that ainā€™t going anywhereā€¦
The map I had before was heavily edited, so I canā€™t just remake itā€¦

Iā€™m getting aggravated :frowning:

My beauty in use:

Very light useā€¦ I just built it, but I will build a couple train stations and a forestry industry on the open sideā€¦ Gonna be gloriousā€¦

2 Likes

Reminded me of this road, maybe it will be of use.

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8585096,-4.4495209,1295m/data=!3m1!1e3

2 Likes

The intersection is working hardā€¦

2 Likes

Or just build a dam with a bunch of treatment plants behind it

1 Like

update?

1 Like

I really need to get back into this game. Maybe try some of the expansions and mods. Any recommendations? Especially on the mod front?

1 Like

TM:PE. as far as buildingsā€¦ thereā€™s a fewā€¦ let me pu tit this way. i got 28 pages of workshop subscribed items

I remember playing this for several hours straight a year or so ago and really liking it. For some reason I just never picked it back up.

Does this game play well as a couch sort of game? Maybe with a trackpad like the Logitech K400? Anyone use the steam controller with it?

@psycho_666 Is there a sort of ā€œfreeā€ build mode where you can just do whatever? Something where you donā€™t have to worry about economics and such and just build things?

1 Like

The game plays alright with a trackpad if you use the keyboard to move around the map.
Only thing Iā€™d note is that you have a slow laptop CPU the game gets slow after 35k pop.

1 Like

My SSD died. I got a new one. My map for some reason was not on the hard drive (where Steam Library is), but on the SSD (that died) and now itā€™s goneā€¦

Mass transit (expansion) is a must if you plan on making large city. Otherwise you will be stuck with only buses and metro, and that ainā€™t enough.
Industries (expansion) look interesting, but I have no idea if it is what I want it to be, or something completely different.
MODS:
Networks extensions people say is a must
Move it is also a must if you plan on making beautiful city
Traffic manager is a must for large cities and helping traffic

There are a few mods in the vanilla game itself.
Unlimited money - ā€¦
Unlock progress - you have all buildings unlocked from the start, so you donā€™t have to unlock them one by one
Unlimited ore and oil - I love that. Wood and fertile soil doesnā€™t run out, but ore and oil are gone once mined, so I put this on and have all resources unlimited.

1 Like

custom cluster of interchanges. i initially just was running highway directly into the main road, but traffic was getting absolutely horrendous. so i tunneled under the city blocks, and ended it a ways down, with another exit between this one. still, though, i had a problem: too many left turners clogging up the works. so i put in a ramp and disallowed left turns

2 Likes

in an earlier save, i put in a central hub for monorail, bus, metro,a nd heavy rail. i think maybe tram too.

2 Likes

WAIT do you still build? I sort of want to know your build style. I absolutely love this game

2 Likes

Niceā€¦ Did you have to unlimiroll your bank? seriously? funding is not that hard to work with

i donā€™t remember. i think i did in that save. i havenā€™t in my newer.

1 Like

Im just poking fun. it doesnt matter in this game as much. I find its much more important to stream line the city as much as possible. The devs taught a subtle lesson here

I wish there was a multiplayer where your friends are neighbors and your economies have to work together @Commissar

Or you could wellā€¦ build a military and nuke the otherā€¦ or protect your one friend from all the others. I can see myself doing this

inb4 wwii simulation after that got implemented

1 Like