[Official] 2021 L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

Haven’t discussed it yet. I would need to do integration testing with the plugins and everything. At the very earliest, 2nd week January, if we decide to go with an aggressive timeline.

Probably a good idea to upgrade, but I just don’t have time to commit to it right now.

I think all the chunks have been generated so this would only affect crafting/mechanics

1 Like

According to Minecraft Wiki we should get new caves added under existing chunks.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I thought that I’d be the first one to ask "What is the Minecraft? and How does one play on a server? I always resort to just smiling and waving (nodding helps too), but now, I think it’s best to just end all my queries with “Explain it to me like I’m a boomer.”

5 Likes

Its power is exceeded only by its mystery

1 Like

So MineCraft (MC) is a 3D sandbox game, with some adventure and building/crafting mechanics. If we are talking about full PC/java edition, you play it with mouse and keyboard on PC (there are console and other a bit cut-down variant, it’s name is bedrock/pocket edition).

You move 3d model of your character (buttons W A S D), look around with mouse, punch/break items (left mouse click), place/use items (right mouse click). You have inventory (button E) you can craft 2x2 basic recipes inside it, and move around items as in any rpg frome storage to hotbar (1-9) and wear armor on slots you see on you character model (also take some item in off-hand). (Click Esc to open menu, open Controls menu check other controls you might need SPACE jump, Ctrl run, Shift crouch etc)

There are specific interaction blocks like crafting table where you can craft advanced recipes 3x3 (some of crafting recipes you can find in green recipe book when you open crafting interface), furnace for smelting ores etc (other than that you will need to google)

All the world is your pie (it’s almost full freedom sandbox) you can break most blocks and place them in order you need, you can drain liquids (water and lava) and move them around with buckets. There are vertical limitations (from Y 0 to Y 255 pre MC1.18, from Y -64 to Y 320 MC1.18 and forward) and world has defined border (X and Z around 30 million blocks around spawn 0,0 coordinate) There are two other dimensions but that’s advanced thing. For the start I will suggest checking some videos which will show you more advanced stuff.

For adventure part there are 3 bosses End Dragon(end), Elder Guardian(overworld) and Wither(nether), but some you just need to find (Elder Guarian in Ocean Monuments in overworld, End Dragon in end dimension on main island) and some you will need to call (for Wither you need to place 4 soul sand in T shape and 3 wither skulls on top). All of them have their own dangers and issues you will need to work through, and this is advanced for the time you have good armor and weapon. (I will also suggest to check videos)

Another part of Advanture are achievements (button L), there are a lot of them and at least half of them are useful to check out some of game mechanics you might not know about.

There are aggressive mobs you need to fight (in any other mode than peaceful), there are passive mobs you can kill for loot they drop or breed (most of them) and then kill. There are NPC villagers and wandering trader you can interact with and trade items for emerald and emeralds for some other items. (I suggest checking trades as some stuff in 1.17 the easiest to get is from wandering trader, and trading with some farms can replace need for mining for resources, you can even get diamond armor/tools from villagers)

P.S. There is creative mode (e.g. god mode), where you have all the items to chose from and can use as a bock building sandbox. There is also Moded MineCraft (when there are added mods/mod packs to game to improve or completely change mechanics) but that’s another oyster and probably you should check it after you get basics of MC in general.

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to add all this great info. I’ve been investigating through the YouTube machine some videos of game play. Now researching a bit more about launchers (don’t know the name offhand) since someone mentioned using them just a bit higher in the post.

1 Like

I will suggest checking MultiMC as you can use it for anything, and it’s the most functional one.

There is also another term, mod loaders (I will suggest checking fabric if you want) you can use them to add some QOL mods/features to your client, those are useful even for simple fps optimization and fancy lighting & shaders.

1 Like

Now can you explain it like I’m a Zoomer with memes and emojis?

4 Likes

Ya know fam, thata game with lota stans. No cap it was all the rage like foreva ago in 2017 with Creeper Aw Man and Revenge Iykyk. Yassss! That one, now there is even new fit in there, you could flex with netherite and sh*t. I’m shook you don’t know it, are you boomer or what? Don’t know about you but our squad loves this lit server L1Techs :smiley:

P.S. Sorry no dank memes, TBH it’s so 2015 and cringe, ya know no hype in that.

4 Likes

Staying in character not much info, but you know Zoomers hardly will read more than 2 sentences :smiley:

4 Likes

needs more emojis :100: :ok_hand: :fire:

5 Likes

Repurpose items to fit world building
@sprouts87 "So what are you gonna use the lead for
Me "Rope"
Sprouts “…”

its already a rope…

No, it’s already “animal rope”, now it’s “adventuring rope”

2 Likes

pilgrim

@GigaBusterEXE only because you got some likes and i did not. :smiley: :salt:

i guess you are correct…

your ropes had been on a bit of an adventure before i gave them to you and then you immediately stored them in a barrel… :smiley:

where they remain…

i concede they are/were “adventuring ropes”.

sprouts-pilgrim-vs-the-world-evel

:heart: @sprouts87

7 Likes

lol

Here’s my poor man’s build. Reached my Minecraft saturation, next time I do something smaller and more detailled lol.
Abandoned medieval castle (-423/102/-19)

17 Likes

Just coords of my pretty rubbish “builds” :smiley:

12 Likes