NVME Boot BIOS Modding Guide for Z77 MSI MPower

I reinstalled Windows, and again the same problem.
Then I tried Ubuntu and sound works perfectly.

So probably Windows driver related issue with Asus Xonar STX II
It is not hardware problem :slight_smile:

Does your md5 of the modded bios match mine? Either way, don’t dink with BIOS modding until you have both BIOS working. Take the latest official BIOS and try this method: https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3051

I bricked (well, MSI’s stupid windows-based bios flasher bricked) my 2nd BIOS once before and got it working with a method similar to what I linked

thanks will try when home, can you post your bios please?
Cheers

1 Like

haven’t tried this yet but using the method posting above will not flash my BIOS B, it seems completely dead :confused: no idea how to bring back to life

Good day! I also have a MSI Z77A-G43, please could you send me a link to your bios file? I’ve tried modding it by myself but bricked the mainboard and had to reflash with an eprom flasher

the link is no longer valid, please repeat. thank.

We have different boards, my BIOS file won’t work. You’ll have to try to add NVME support using the directions above.

1 Like

on my motherboard one bios chip was already killed, I was very afraid to spoil the second, I asked for your copy, but I took the risk, it worked out, thank you very much!

OK, You are right! Thanks

HI i update the bios with the modified one and still not showing or geting on windows the SSD is a Kingsotne NVME and have windows alredy instaled

Try clearing cmos. What version of Windows (7,8,10)? Try googling windows 10 media creation tool and making a usb stick installer for win10, then boot from it and see if your NVME drive is listed as an installable device. You can also boot to Windows from SATA and see if the NVME is detected in Disk Management.

If it’s not in disk management, check the NVME drive and adapter work in another PC in disk management.

Hi i try in anoter pc and didnt show on disk managment maybe the adapter is broken i will bougth another one and try.

It may be a SATA NVME adapter. Does it have a SATA port on it? Either way it’s probably an issue with the adapter, SSD, or the two being incompatible

Hello,

I have an MSI Mpower Z77 Motherboard and Intel Core I7 3770K, with both SATA 3 ports connected already with an SSD and HDD. Does it count for what type of NVME PCIe adapter should I purchase?

Also, can I buy one adapter with two SSD NVME pots and make it bootable?

Can anyone recommend such an adaptor?

Best regards!

The 16x length PCIE slots on the Z77Mpower are all CPU lanes, so it won’t affect your SATA ports. However, your discrete GPU PCIE lanes will be reduced. If you have a single discrete GPU it should not matter as long as it is in the top 16x length slot.

In terms of the adapter, the one in the OP works. Generally any adapter with an x4 PCIE slot connection and an M.2 slot will do. The posting will likely advertise NVME support. You want at least 80mm length M.2 support, ideally 110mm. I don’t remember if it matters if they advertise PCIE 3.0, but if you can find a listing that mentions it I would buy that just in case. They should be about $10 USD on ebay, a bit more from places like Newegg.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

It’s working!!!
Z77a-G41 Weeee!!!

And Chinese low cost m2 kingspec on pcie x16 v2.0 with 2$.

!!! A warning to anyone who is going to do the same thing on Z77 MPower:
Latest version of UEFI Tool (v0.27.0 atm) is producing a bad uefi update file (bricked the mobo, had to use secondary chip), use v0.21.5 and make sure that you get the exact md5 stated in the article!