Nvidia Geforce stream, RTX 3000 inbound!

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking.

omg I was not expecting this video, nor this part XD

4 Likes

I think the digital foundry video is fudged, but I definitely expect there to be a pretty major increase in performance for machine learning and tensor applications, which is quickly becoming Nvidias largest market and the intended demo for the top end cards like the 3090. I see a lot of people on here and elsewhere assuming people only use these cards for video games and not professional data/statistics applications.

If it is actually 80% more performance on dx11/dx12 games without ray tracing I will happily sell my 2080 ti or 1080 ti and buy a 3090 in a heartbeat. As always, wait for the product to actually be released and real world performance numbers WITH DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE UPDATES to be out before throwing money at a flashy product, at least until day of common release.

2 Likes

Full/mid tower chads win again

Yeah, something about 80% performance increase smells.
That would be a throwback to like the 3dfx era with 2x generation over generation.

1 Like

How dare you doubt CEO math.

Seriously, what the hell.

2 Likes

F in the chat for anyone who wants to buy after launch:

1 Like

My disposable income for Jensen!

1 Like

Omg dude I’m in tears

1 Like

Ohh most indubitably! My Cerberus X is up for the challenge! My 600W seasonic gold on the other hand :expressionless: Seems nVidia is on four year release cycle for significant architectural advances (barring silicon process advancement). Upcoming consoles set the base line and they position themselves for minimun 40% greater performance and call it a day. Nvidia evolving into a communication and compute company now, graphics (much less, fidelity ie: fp64) is tertiary or further on the pecking order. Giving the masses more eye candy.

I´m pretty excited about those cards actually.
Would be nice when the RTX3060 would also get atleast 8GB of Gddr6.

I wonder if we’ll get them before the end of the year or they wait until after the holiday season.

1 Like

I suspect the 3060 will be a great holiday season card.

Idk feels too soon

1 Like

Going into the next-gen, anything less than 8gb won’t last very long for anything above 1080p. And even 8gb is questionable. This is why I’m not excited at all for the 3070. It’s a scam. 8Gb is just not enough.

Imagine if Nvidia sold the GTX 980 with only 2gb back in the day. That’s the situation with RTX 3070. And I have no idea how people can’t see this.

IDK I think you could get away with 6gb for sure still even at 1440p. Sure 8gb is nice and really not much of a premium but, what are you using to benchmark / see the need of more ram?

You can, for now. Next-gen games are going to change things. It always happens.

1 Like

Yeah in 4+ years, games take a ton of time to develop

Yup just like 8gb was the new standard 4 years ago or so and I am still using a 4gb card and have not run into issues yet.

More is nice. 10gb should be fine, if you want the high end “future proof” then stump up for the 3090. It will only be edge cases and runnj g everything at max setting on 2160p+ that will even start to cause issues.

1 Like