Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

Agreed.

But we still care about what is happening in the tech industry, don’t we?
That is why we are here, right?

I certainly don’t think this is a dead horse.
Just because most of us are aware that this is happening (allegedly), that doesn’t make it ok.

2 Likes

I just get annoyed at amd sometimes over missed opportunities.

They could have easily have put their own logo on the new consoles… (ati and nvidia used to all the time on previous gens) and that would have easily influenced people who come from console to pc.

Most people I talk to (friends and family) arent even aware that amd had anything to do with the current gen consoles… tbh they dont even know who amd are at all really… but most of them know nvidia, so that should tell you something.

3 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Bad thing is bad.
Everyone knows bad thing is bad.
Nobody here can do anything about the bad thing.
So while reporting on the bad thing is not silly, becoming angry at company for making the profits is.

Not the point here.

You can talk about it. Which I do. Call me silly for that. I don’t care.
And I don’t plan to stop as long as there is new information coming out all the time.
Nobody has to read it, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can stop buying nVidia cards.

You and me must be worlds apart.

1 Like

probably.

1 Like

That’s all correct, yeah. But you asked what could the dead horse reference possibly mean, and that’s what I would say it meant.

Yeah, I can see that being about right.
But you don’t actually know either.
That is why I asked @SudoSaibot.

This thread and general information about intel/nvidia conduct should be out yeeeeears ago, same goes for amd. At least it’s getting more information which is on the positive side of things or at least should be including for intel/nvidia buyers/fans & users

If you don’t like it move along. What are you even doing here? Move along. Until then, keeping this thread alive should be a priority for those really interested, again if you’re not inclusive. Move along,

Calm down, lol. A question was asked, I answered.

1 Like

ThinMajorIridescentshark-small

camb

1 Like

Just today, I read a (dutch) longread about how Heineken both played a very large role in keeping the Rwandese army drunk so that they continually felt high and mighty while genociding 800k human beings; and happily continued producing beer throughout the, because there were profits to be made. After first stonewalling the few members of the press who asked them to comment on their choice to remain active in Rwanda during the genocide, Heineken next said it “didn’t know” about the role its product played in enabling the genocide; today they acknowledge the role of the beer, but claim that they were “tricked” by an “evil” (basically the word they used) local manager, and thus could not be held responsible for supplying him, giving him money to pay his workers, accepting the blood money, etc. (note that while this is also a lie, even if the guy was “evil”, they could still have intervened, or at the very least refused the blood money).

Which is to say, shouldn’t we expect at least a little bit more from the human beings who choose to work for the organizational structure called a “corporation” than that they do anything for money? I hear this “it’s wrong to get mad at ppl for doing anything for cash/status” quite a lot, and while I guess it’s sort of “rational” to tell yourself things like this in a world where people constantly do horrible things to other humans “because money” (because that way you don’t “have to” care, or pass judgment, or something). But it really strikes me as an unhealthy stance.

1 Like

Of course, Stallman and his disciples believe that telemetry is worse than a government slaughtering people, so your argument is kind of moot. :thinking:

Pissening about the AZER thing if that turns out to be true. I guess the light in all the darkness is that they’re not bound by contract, according to early reports of GPP they can leave any time. Then again, that would be a new line of worthless boxes people are buying.

1 Like

So, since this gets raided all the time and it is just annoying to ignore all the meaningless stuff in between,
I just put all the information into the first post as well and will keep doing so.

This isn’t the lounge, please keep that in mind when posting.
If you don’t want to hear about it anymore, just move along.
I won’t stop. Deal with it.

THE STORY SO FAR

5 Likes

We approached ASUS UK for comment on this story and they said we would need to wait for an official statement but that “ASUS will continue to work with NVidia and AMD to create the best products for our customers and that ASUS constantly review the branding and approach of products that are available in the market regardless of manufacturers.”

KitGuru Says: From the sounds of it, if this plan is being put into motion, all of the popular ROG coolers will also be available on AREZ- so it’s not exactly comparable to what happened at MSI recently, with ‘Gaming X’ series cards disappearing from the RX 500-series lineup on the official website. For enthusiasts, the situation will continue to be as simple as figuring out whether you want to go with Nvidia or AMD, but the brand names on each box will be a bit different.

How do you guys feel about GPP and the direction its going? Would ROG becoming an exclusively Nvidia GPU brand hurt AMD?

Linus is basically asking openly for a leak now.

1 Like

Better hoard those ROG Ryzen laptops cause if GPP disagrees with their laptops, you should get one NOW.

3 Likes

Does not apply to ryzen. Ryzen is not a “gaming” CPU it is just a CPU. ROG Ryzen laptops are not going away over this specifically.

Well it has an RX580 in it.

4 Likes