Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

why hoard them? That’s still rewarding asus for giving in, and coming up with that lame as shit brand name ‘arezzzzz’.

Well, who else puts a ryzen desktop cpu, in a laptop with a dedicated rx 580? Making a all-round amd laptop, which is basically almost perfect for linux, for example

Answer: No one. Even though it’s kinda dated, on the graphics side. It’s better than nothing (i guess)

The pricing on the other side is bullshit, amd has become the cash hoarding brand for everyone. One day it has one price and the other day 660 USD difference. (In only 1-2 days)

That’ll also happen to a high-end nvidia laptop, after months of released-time suuuuure it will…

Fair enough then.

The only thing I wish they did was add a Thunderbolt 3 chip so that we could potentially do eGPU passthrough. Otherwise it would be the ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE laptop.

If ASUS (oh sorry, AREZ) won’t It’s either System76 or Eurocom.

2 Likes

Thunderbolt 3 is nice and all, though i still think that if you can find one at a good price and you’re a linux admin, dev, user, creator or gamer. You should get one. Not into passthrough myself, i don’t want windows even running in a vm, that’s just my opinion. Even though i saw your stream with it and it looked amazing to say the least.

What i would like to see is, neither system76 or eurocom. Something entirely new/different has to emerge like the huawei,apple,xiaomi etc. premium/porsche laptops, featuring amd ryzen / polaris / vega. With 11, 12, 13, 14 inch screen sweetspots. It’s about time that amd gets proper treatment with cooling, design and so on.

The profile is made in January but this looks fake AF.
So I’m just gonna put it here to keep an eye on it.

https://twitter.com/ASUS_AREZ

[EDIT] This might actually be legit.

1 Like

That’s the one thing I do not get about that new name. They have had ARES named cards before but they were for crazy high end cards like dual GPUs and water cooled.

If they use AREz then that is just odd as it is annoying spelling, becuz z’z iz for cool kidz, but it is also very similar to the previous super high end AREs cards.

Unless they plan to make extreme AMD cards. That would be cool and a nice push for their cards to raise their profile.

AREZ looks too much like ARSE to me :smiley:

4 Likes

If Arez took off like a rocket for gaming…Wouldn’t Nvidia just claim that or
say you broke GPP ?

2 Likes

To celebrate the GPP, I got a Ryzen 7 desktop with a Radeon RX 580.

2 Likes

I think they are doing their very best to stick to the letter of the law.

While I wouldnt put it past them this would be going over that thin blue line.

I do like Strix …It will suck to have to buy AMD fuck nvidia in the face GPU’s

GPP doesnt effect my decision

next card was always going to be vega64

I actually have a use for all that compute… and near 1080 gaming performance (beating in a few titles) is more than good enough for me.

Just hoping that price becomes sane :smiley:

…I understand that I am representative of a small niche market that uses a single main machine for both productivity and gaming and place more emphasis on the productivity (actually having software that leverages compute) than I do the gaming.

What to choose as gamer & enthusiast? ROG MAXIMUS X APEX or AREZ?

Might aswell, called it REZA to cater to abrahamic religion instead.

Marketing takes a while.

Companies can not protect words that are spelled correctly. So it is “Blu_Ray” or in this case, “Arez” (instead of Ares, the god of war)

2 Likes

So that happened finally, no more MSI GamingX Radeon cards on Caseking, Alternate or Mindfactory. And as far as I know those are by far the biggest three around here. Also Alternate has a bunch of new RX500 series cards listed from Gigabyte and Asus and none of those new ones are part of Äörüs (I refuse to write that shit correctly) or Strix.

New article by Kyle Bennett suggests that OEM’s are having none of it from Nvidia. Of course these companies are massive so have more leverage. At least someone isn’t signing though.

2 Likes

Dell got in trouble for playing dirty in the EU back when Intel bribed them.

1 Like

And in the US.

I am not sure how that makes any sense but it was mentioned in the article so I will pretend to believe you.

I think that both company’s got a memo from Intel and Intel is by far their biggest supplier and money maker for those company’s so the chance of them becoming a part of the GPP is low.