Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

Yep, I said it before and I’ll say it again.

Stop buying Nvidia products.

6 Likes

I would like to think I would not. And I do lead my self in that manner, but I have not yet gotten to the point where my actions would make me millions at the expense of the wellbeing of something I once cared about.

So for now, no I would not and for the foreseeable future I would endeavor to be a better person for the betteent of all.

Well, it’s a good sentiment at least. Keep living like that and you will probably turn out well.

1 Like

My dilemma, I plan on buying the Dell XPS 15 9570 which will be released later this year.

Along with that, I will be purchasing a eGPU for Quakecon 2018.

The XPS 15 will come with a Nvidia GPU guaranteed, I will most likely be purchasing a Nvidia eGPU box to maintain compatibility rather than an AMD one.

Either way I am stuck with Nvidia, I have all AMD on my main rig, but that is it.

I’ve had no problems running both Nvidia and AMD in a single windows box in the past. Might be worth looking into. DX12 has the Explicit MultiAdapter, which will utilize a 1060 (mxm) and a 580, for example, in to render frames on both GPU. I’m interested to see if that’s going to be here any time soon, because that seems like the real best-case scenario.

Would be happy to oblige. If AMD starts their 7990 line again I’ll buy a card weekly.

I left 560Ti SLI for that card. Might be off on the number, but it killed nVidia at the time. Now, their Vega64 don’t scratch the 1080Ti I have, and the Vega is $400 more?

No thank you.

1 Like

My previous box had a RX480, for this go around I was building my go big or go home box. I had a choice… at best I might have been able to get an RX 580 or NVidia. Because AMD completely fucked up Vega six ways from Sunday from power requirements to availability it just was not on the table. Had I been able to get an AIB Vega 64 for the same price as my EVGA 1080 Ti I would have went that route, but alas… they were announced time and time again with no product until the past couple of months. I really didn’t want to go team green… the lack of a product and promise after promise for Vega to be available #soon made me throw my hands up and bite the bullet. I did go AMD Ryzen for my CPU to battle against Intel… but RTG really dumped a stinker.

1 Like

Like nvidia biased reviewers questioning peoples sanity when picking amd for gaming over nvidia, on video?

one example

Calling buyers of amd hardware for gaming “curious”

Boiling down to making amd hardware seem directly mental to consider for a premium, with the zephyrus, aouros, alienware, and whatnot options

Getting very different results.

Note that the gaming series is still there for the 580’s

Strange, I watched that video and didn’t get that impression. I thought it was a fair review and that he described the laptop as ‘curious’ and ‘niche’ which given it’s components I tend to agree with - the only gamers who would buy it at that value are either the FOSS crowd or die-hard AMD fans.

…which kind of makes Nvidia behaviour seem all the more odd. They already have the largest slice of the GPU market so no need to be anti-competitive. The only thing I can think of is that all corporatons have some pathological tendencies and many would be classed as sociopaths or even psycopaths if they were people.

A quick look at Nvidia’s 5 cultural values can give you a hint at how the wrong characters could drive wrong behaviours if they are helping the company make profit. Values 1 & 3 stand out in this context. The other 3 look like the typcial BS corporate values to me that are pretty meaningless:

1. Be willing to take risks.

We’re willing to build things that people don’t yet know they need. We endeavor to delight users and shape the industry.

2.  Strive for excellence.

We work hard at fostering an environment that motivates and empowers our employees to operate at the highest levels of achievement. We try to learn from our mistakes so we can spend time innovating instead of putting out fires.

3. Practice intellectual honesty.

We expect our employees to operate at the highest ethical standard, placing the interests of the company first, colleagues second and themselves third. We believe that high performance must be grounded in integrity, and thus our professional relationships are guided by a set of standards we call Our Code. These principles govern how we act toward customers, competitors, partners, vendors, government regulators, stockholders, fellow employees, and the larger community. We seek to know ourselves, what we do and don’t do well, and continually focus on improvement.

4. Communicate directly.

We commit to transparency, avoid political maneuvering, and don’t take feedback personally.

5. Make a contribution.

We take pride in making a difference, not just in the technology industry but in local and global communities. Each year, through Project Inspire, we forego our holiday parties and dedicate our financial and human resources to help our communities. Our corporate culture resonates with our users, who are uniquely passionate about our products. Many customers express this passion in deeply personal ways, including creating artwork and tattoos based on our logo and even in naming their children “NVIDIA.”
1 Like

Yeah, also true for Germany.
But not for msi.com

@anon79053375, you are writing dumb stuff again.

At first I didn’t get it because I thought all AMD cards they sell are for gaming however I noticed that nVidia cards have the fancy black/red cooler and all AMD card except the 560s have the stock coolers. And then it clicked.

3 Likes

I believe that is their “Promoted Cards” granted it is weird that there isn’t a single AMD card there. That being said, not sure what Joker was looking at to get those results.

I’m getting the same thing… no AORUS MSI cards, only “Armor”

That would be even more interesting. xD
But yeah, no gaming X.

Hahahah, yeah… sorry, I got my brands confused. See, the GPP is causing me get branding confused already!

Wonder why there is a difference?

I see no point in arguing.
You made your point pretty clear, taking a harsh tone at that and there is not enough information.

Fact of the matter is: Some Brands are behaving in unexpected ways.