Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

Until a partner decides to break their NDA and suffer big losses or a whistle blower leaks the actual documentation nothing can be proved 100%.
This is all speculation, the only thing making us all think it’s partially real is because of previous actions from nVIDIA’s side.

2 Likes

So far it seems like you can’t look at the facts because nvidia won’t let you.
Objectively … that smells funny.

1 Like

The idea AMD would do anything different if they were in Nvidia’s place is a fantasy. These are not individuals, I don’t care what the supreme court says, they are soulless corporations who answer to the their stockholders who insist they be as soulless as possible and earn them the greatest return on their investment. Amazon and Walmart have gotten around the problem of gouging their customers in obvious ways by receiving endless government subsidies, including Amazon paying zero taxes for decades. Nvidia doesn’t have the luxury and if gamers turn on them en mass its just another soulless corporation as far as I’m concerned, and another will inevitably take its place.

1 Like

You can only work with the facts you got, raising your pitchfork just because Kyle cried wolf is beyond silly.

Nvidia did however speak of ensuring “full transparency” in their blog post and they can only back up that statement by releasing the full terms and conditions of the GeForce Partner Program IMHO.

2 Likes

… irrelevant right now. So are amazon and walmart.

When AMD pulls shit, feel free to bring that up. I’ll be joining you bashing them for it when it comes to that. BECAUSE I am biased towards team red. But here and now none of those other brands are the topic.

Found this:

That reads very differently. Extremely so.

Graphics card companies can then have as many brands as they like, so long as they are separated along green and red boundaries. That means Asus could have a Republic of Gamers Mars brand, which only sells Nvidia, but also a Republic of Gamers Ares brand that is exclusively AMD-based. GPP isn’t going to stop any company from selling AMD GPUs as specifically gaming graphics cards.

If this is the case, I can’t say Nvidia is doing anything wrong from my point of view.

If that is actually the whole story, then I agree completely.
… it still smells funny to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know the reputation of WCCF but I still think it is worth mentioning that the AIB partners didn’t even want to talk about the existence of this program. (gray box at the bottom)

From nvidia’s blog post about GPP:

GPP ensures our engineering and marketing efforts support brands consumers associate with GeForce.

Another one of these sentences that can mean anything from

• we want the consumer not looking for strix or aorus but only looking for geforce

to

• you AIB scum better limit your AMD stuff if you want our GPUs arriving on time.

That does sound more like what I would expect the courts to uphold, but the website for the article does not inspire confidence, and well known reviewers freaking out is perfectly justified under the circumstances. Sometimes companies like Nvidia start out asking for a few bucks more, and then double the price. They can afford to take this through the courts piece by piece for decades. That’s what the corporations did to gain their status under the 14th amendment as actually being people, they simply kept petitioning the supreme court until they found a sympathetic judge.

Because of course they do.

Now… Will everyone please fucking stop sucking NV’s dick? They really aren’t all that amazing.

2 Likes

Very unexpectedly AdoredTV posted a new video.

8 Likes

Lol I need to remember this thread exist rather than posting that same video in the lounge when it came out.

Even Jay seems very uncomfortable talking about this.
That should tell you something.

3 Likes

I just feel dirty watching Jay for nearly 15 minutes.

If this is true this sucks… I really hated the fact that AIB Vega cards were not available when I built in November and I had to team green. And even if they were for the prices of a top 1080Ti we were getting what was at launch barely 1080 and now is about the same as 1080 with driver refinements. Hoping AMD can make Navi worth a shit in high enough yields that it becomes an option.

Was just about to post this one

I have always thought of jay as a dyed in the wool nvidia fan, and seeing him talk about this made it have more impact I think.

Same, an Nvidia fan like him talking about this made it hurt even more.

Well for me watching ANY of Jay for longer then 10 seconds is enough to make me hurl.

where do i get my GPP branded leash for my neck?

1 Like

how about a ring around your nob that only lets you ejaculate if you think of nvidia? :smiley:

but then i’d have to pay em every time.