Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

Was just about to post this one

I have always thought of jay as a dyed in the wool nvidia fan, and seeing him talk about this made it have more impact I think.

Same, an Nvidia fan like him talking about this made it hurt even more.

Well for me watching ANY of Jay for longer then 10 seconds is enough to make me hurl.

where do i get my GPP branded leash for my neck?

1 Like

how about a ring around your nob that only lets you ejaculate if you think of nvidia? :smiley:

but then i’d have to pay em every time.

Nvidia - the way it’s meant to be sprayed?

VR skeet shooting!

GPP themed chokers. @wendell, we need a new product in the store!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nvidia really managed to reach a new low…

BTW between this and the AMD “security” bs I am really starting to get impressed by HU and gamer nexus coverage.

I’ve never been a huge fan of GN, but Steve seems to be really trying to do it right lately. Major props to him and his team.

4 Likes

The thing I found interesting was AMD let HardOCP know to investigate these practices by obtaining the terms of the program in legal text.

If CTS is doing their thing to smear AMD, AMD is doing this to out Nvidia. There are no innocent parties here.

That’s a good point. I doubt the CTS thing was a response from Nvidia though. (although, Intel claims innocence so that should be at least considered for a moment)

There are just deals, lots of deals. Who in their right mind (AMD in this case) Would even consider leasing their newest Vega technology to Intel? (ON THE SAME CHIP, But hey! It’s bridged! lol) Ask Nvidia. No one.

AMD can only be forced to cooperate with whomever and are locked down, in substantial amount of ways. Even the newest AMD laptops are either with last-gen technology dedicated graphics. Soldered ram, Locked bios’es for ram speed etc. And or other options which can only be circumvent by SPI bios flashing.

Which as i understand it, requires manual access to the laptop and a bunch of other things (taking general pc enthusiasm to a whole other level)

CTS could have been angry investors talking behind closed doors doing a backdoor plan to smear the image of AMD. But AMD did this to try to out Nvidia’s, according to them, “dodgy practices.” The true source may not be found for CTS, but I just find AMD doing something similar to get a publication to investigate their competition’s practices similar in “let’s play the blame game.”

1 Like

If your competition is about to do something shady and potentially illegal to harm your company, would you wait for the law to do something? Because that happened with Intel and AMD lost A LOT.

2 Likes

yeap AMD knew since 1993 of Intel’s practices … the court case ended 2009. @FurryJackman if everything AMD is claiming is true than nVIDIA is doing the same thing Intel was doing years before them. Just a quote from the chairman of Intel at that time " does consumers even need it" ( he is referring to competition ). In his eyes competition was a bad thing for the consumer.

If the allegations are true I am curious how much is nVIDIA paying per year for this loyalty. Intel did pay Dell 1 billion per year …

See this is where nvidia did right. They pay almost nothing besides MDF. Its either your with nvidia or your against it. If you part of the GPP then you get full advantages and even access to hardware before non GPP people. If youre not part of the GPP then nvidia is going to hang you out to dry because youre going to receive nothing from them. Some AIBs and OEMs even fear that nvidia will try and intentionally give non GPP partners intentionally bad dies or even go as far as to limit how many dies they receive.

2 Likes

It kinda reminds me of the whole ‘mob protection thing’. Where’d they’d around weekly and bash your legs in if you didn’t pay, but if you did you were stuck in the loop but you got to keep your legs.

3 Likes