Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

They specifically chose not to release part of it, so they’re probably under a lot of pressure (legal threats) from Nvidia to not release it.

4 Likes

Maybe people can persuade the elusive Hackerman to liberate the remaining part.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the board partners who might not be happy with these terms has it leaked. There’s enough media attention and hot coals for real leverage to be had by leaking that contract.

6 Likes

That’s a job for ASUS or MSI.

Exactly what kind of cpu Nvidia is developing is anyone’s guess, but Intel and AMD just combined their technology with impressive results. Right now there are so many companies working on making Intel processors worthless its not funny, while Intel is moving forward into AI research. Its not about silicon and Via or whatever. HP is working on a completely new computer architecture, possibly combining optical circuitry and silicon. AMD has just demonstrated how much power there is to be squeezed out of simply stacking chips and, for example, you can already buy up to 96 memory chips stacked on top of each other. That’s a small supercomputer in a pencil sized object, for whoever can figure out how to cool the thing the cheapest and most efficiently. The NSA already told the industry they are no longer fighting Moore’s Law, but thermodynamics, which is up there with Relativity and quantum mechanics for theories that nobody understands.

1 Like

nVidia is incentivizing companies to put the nVidia logo on their products.

Have you launched a game before and after the THX, WB, etc. logo it goes “Played with nVidia PhyX” or “AMD Power”? nVidia is trying to push that with certain popular manufacturers.

The article then begins to make wild speculations and assumptions with no evidence, which this crowd seemed all too eager to just run with.

The second and third paragraph spell bullsh!t for me. AMD was “shopping” around with the story, meaning they were playing politics, pandering, playing victim, and trying to sell dirt on nVidia, their competition. Next, the writer goes on to say that he is going full on editorial mode, and proceeds to cry about marketing and competition in the technology realm.

Two thumbs down.

1 Like

I will give it credence as soon as someone is willing to go on record.

if they can prove tiers exist and that people who exclusively ONLY sell nvidia get ‘perks’ over those that sell both then I would say this story has legs

If I take the route of fowl play (as yet unproven)

Historically, this move didnt hurt intel any when they did it so I am not sure how much difference ‘increased public awareness’ will make this time around… as that is literally the only difference.

e.g people are finding out about it fairly early on and not late after the fact (as was the case when intel pulled this move).

Will people care enough to make a difference?

Don’t think so.

Sympathy for the Devil, LOL, with graphics cards now costing more than twice their MSRP. With great power (ie- monopolies) comes great responsibility whenever the shit hits the fan.

1 Like

Hardly. nVidia catches the blame for Friday’s traffic. How are they the monopoly when AMD is their only competition? Wouldn’t AMD be at risk of taking advantage of the monopoly market?

I think it’s comedic gold that people scream evil corporation at nVidia whilst giving the thumbs up, you can trust em for AMD. If you’re gonna blame anyone for the price hikes, blame AMD

Semantics, they are an oligopoly if you want to get technical. They are the eight hundred pound gorilla and Intel did not combine their technology with AMD’s for fun, but because they are going after Nvidia’s AI business. Loyalty is not a word oligopolies comprehend, and if they destroy their competition altogether the government will simply manufacture a new one.

that’s not how it works. If nVIDIA are the angel you are portraying they can sell video cards at a much lesser margin however they choose to make incredible amount of money before anything else. AMD failing to deliver is a problem but nVIDIA is responsible for taking advantage of the situation.

This is not the first time nVIDIA does shady things.

No one has said that you can trust AMD however their shady doing is a lot less and their good doing is a lot more.

Lol k

Can you point to specifically where I said nVidia are angels? I said it’s “comedic gold” that people crap all over nVidia and root for AMD as if they’re some underdog. AMD would trade to be in nVidia’s spot in a heart beat.

nVidia is a business, competing for money. That’s how it works. That is their goal, to make money. They just get the benefit of making kick ass GPUs and playing with augmented reality while doing it. Economics and business schools across the world should be teaching what nVidia is doing.

Please. I’ve not been on this forum long but I’ve seen plenty of people gush over how “AMD cares” and they’re “doing the right thing”. You’re speculating too, since I doubt anyone has looked closely at the practices of AMD and nVidia fairly. You can’t use a biased forum and their “news” reports as measurements.

3 Likes

you did not explicitly said they are angels but you were defending them as if they were.

When you have less than 15% market share what are you ? An underdog or a champion ? Especially compared to 85% for the competition.

They most probably would, every company wants to be successful.

Nope the only viable lessons that can be learned from nVIDIA is for a marketing department in such school nothing more.

yeah just like you protecting nVIDIA.

Where ?

yeah I did and I do think that if you take a look you can see all the shady things nVIDIA did during the last 10 years.

I use everything on the internet through the years. The WWW is my proof you can check it out if you want.

1 Like

How so? Do I have to walk on egg shells around you people? How obnoxious would it be if I started every paragraph with “NOW, NOW, NOW I DON’T LIKE NVIDIA, BUT…”?

Fine, here, on the record: I, AdminDev, hereby SWARE that I do not think nVidia are angels!

Lmao.

vvv

Also:

This is what I’m talking about. You guys are upset about nVidia taking advantage of the market? I guess you hate Amazon, Google, Microsoft… Oh… Wait…

Anyway. If nVidia dropped the ball and AMD was approaching manufacturers with perks and benefits, I’m positive there wouldn’t be any outrage from this forum. This is just fanboyism and hoohah measuring.

That is whataboutism, nothing more.

Nvidia is strong-arming AIB makers into something they don’t want. That is bad for every consumer in the end. If you can’t see that, you have green glasses in front of your eyes.

And to suggest that HardOCP is making stuff up is just dumb.
Do you think they would blow their relationship to a giant like nvidia to pieces for nothing?

I’m not unbiased, nobody is. But you are not making sense.

3 Likes

The consumer dictates the market, if that is the case then there is another company they can turn to.

Yes they are, and those AIB’s know they are at the mercy of both Nvidia and AMD, what they do next is their call.

1 Like

Russian Propaganda? Lmfao. Dude. Bro… If ANYTHING you guys are flooding the discussion with fallacies. Oh he’s criticizing AMD he MUST LOVE nVidia!

No, it isn’t “whataboutism”, Dr. Who! This is a discussion. You guys posted an article and offered some evil, dystopian scenario. I offered a pragmatic scenario.

That is false and being dishonest. nVidia is not strong arming anyone. If AMD has the superior product, manufacturers can easily turn down nVidia and go AMD with 0 repercussions, causing nVidia to stand down on their “strong arming”.

I said they were wildly speculating. You guys should take the emotion out of the stuff. I love gaming and technology, but your vision is so clouded over with rage that you can’t seem to focus on simple economics.

Good for nVidia. And good for AMD if they can recover and stay competitive. I’d love to see more GPU and CPU manufacturers, but something tells me AMD likes having the #2 bandana.

1 Like

Also please keep it civil in here. Understand that people have different opinions, trying to prove someone wrong on the internet is a futile effort.

This is extremely civil for being the internet.

2 Likes

It is, just want to make sure it stays that way :smile: