"No teeth" foods

So about 3-4 weeks ago i had a double jaw surgery. I just recently reached the part of my recovery where i can remove the rubber bands from my braces at my leisure and start to eat normal foods. However as my jaws are still not completely solid and healed i am currently limited to foods that "someone without teeth could eat" such as mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, pasta, and other soft foods.
Having survived on a liquid diet for the past 3 weeks, I would love to finally have some variety in my diet again. Any soft food suggestions i might be missing out on?

1 Like

fruit smoothies can be healthy if homemade with real fruit.

2 Likes

Obviously meat is out of the picture for a while. However, vegetables are not.
Zucchini are always getting soft when thermally prepared.
All kinds of steamed goodies, as long as you stay away from stuff like carrots, but even they can be steamed to a really tender point of softness...
Still, go for steamed fish, boiled vegetables, zucchini...
Poached eggs with yogurt... Simple and extremely tasty.

This might not be a problem for you, but when I couldn't eat solids for a while, I found myself seriously protein deprived. I had a fairly high protein diet before then since I love meat and all of a sudden, I couldn't eat meat for a few weeks. Caused me to be starving all the time. That was terrible. Eventually got to the point where I was desperate enough that I blended a burger with milk and drank it. And let me tell you, it was delicious. The taste was terrible, but my body loved it so much that I drank most of it. Moral of the story, if you have to suddenly change your diet, remember that your body still needs the same stuff that it did before. I would recommend you look into protein powders of meal replacements. Soylent or something similar would be a good option. I used soylent for a long time as the staple of my diet, with other things sprinkled in. I left enough calories out of the soylent that I ate so that I could have one meal a day outside of it. That let me eat with my friends and family and still have things that I like without having to worry about getting all the nutrients that I needed.

1 Like

Just put everything in a blender. Want steak? Blend it. Want broccoli? Treat yo self, blend it fam.

1 Like

houmous with pitta bread.

Also, about blending, if you want to get things like meat and whatnot without making it disgusting, use a food processor. Makes it so that you don't really have to chew, but isn't a nasty, slimy, goopy texture. Think finely chopped chicken.

Please, don't blend burger and milk. For the love of little crying baby Jesus mother f@#$%&* Christ... Don't blend burger and milk...
If you really want meat, you can over boil meat to the point, where it basically dissolve on touch. It soaks so much bullion, that you can put whatever you want spices and make the meat taste like whatever you want.
But for all, that is sacred, don't blend burger with milk...

+1 Don't do it. Would not recommend. But hey, a starving teenager is hard to talk down from stupid ideas.

My grandfather didn't have a tongue (cancer) and teeth, he pretty much told me a blender was his day to day cooking tool.

Soups, everything soups, lol.

Back when I worked in a steak house a customer in a similar situation came in for dinner. He ordered a 10oz Baseball Sirloin and had me shred it in the blender. He loved it. and bought me a beer.
I think you could pretty much do that to anything.

Squash season's coming up soon. Grab yourself a carnival squash, cut it in half across the middle, scrape out the seeds, slap in some butter and some maple syrup, wrap it in tinfoil, stick it in the oven at 350°F for an hour and ten minutes, then crack some pepper over it and mix the flesh together.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is sooooooo delicious.

2 Likes

Wonder where you learned how to live? Kek

Kek Syndicate, as a matter of fact >:3

you gotta admit it's pretty awesome.

I've always wanted more how to live videos... Can't tell you how many times I screwed up my own mayo before getting it right

Interesting....

3 Likes

Merr merrr me my mu me merr mrrr

Anything is "No teeth" food if you have a strong enough blender and the will to suck that shit through a straw. I recommend steak. For taste reasons.

^i add bacon and bread crumbs on top but up to you
1 Like

Pb and J sandwiches. Tuna salad sandwich. Chicken salad sandwich. Maybe a deli ham and cheese sandwich. Your choice on that one.

As you can tell I want a sandwich.

Lasagna. Bananas. Shrimp. Stuffing. Applesauce.

If you want to know how to make this crap just ask.

1 Like