No Man's Sky: Disastrous Launch

Oh well, what can I say. I've seen this happening in my head before it even happened. Early days problems in games can happen, no modern game ever has been bug free from the start but games should not be that bad at launch. I get that they're way more complex than before and so less people should work longer on the same project instead of getting tousands of people that write 10 lines of code.

1 Like

I've played it for a bit. 750 (non-TI) and it's good on modest settings until the fps bug his. Alt tab out and back in, and it's good again for a while.

lmao good joke.

My wife bought the PS4 version on launch. The game failed to start, froze and crashed a shit ton. Even on the PS4. Things glitched out and at one point she fell through the map.

Not to mention the horrible draw distance, horrible texture popin and framerate drops.

So no the PS4 version doesn't work "Just fine" lol better than the PC version but at this point that isn't hard.

While I was not hyped for the game I was hoping it would be decent, it's always nice to have another game to play but since it's a steaming pile of shit so much for that. I'm in no particular hurry to buy it though so i'll see if it gets better

Really now? I was watching someone live stream of two days ago, ran okay the whole few hours, better than the PC version most certainly.

And geez minimum requirements is a GTX 480/HD 7870 and the CPU minimum is light years ahead, gee, I wonder why the PS4 version had these issues (Could it be performance issues, cause that's what you just described). I ain't calling Witcher 3 shit for not being able to run on a Surface Pro. I didn't know I was that good at telling jokes

eyy, its meant to be played like that according to nv.

900 series drivers are already in legacy, and not supported.

1 Like

But these are some of my favorite things

1 Like
2 Likes

on fury x getting around ~80FPS on highest settings @ 1080p

1 Like

given how simple this game is supposed to have been as far as the program goes, I don't see how they could have messed this up. It's been in the works for how long now? They really should have just released it as Early Access and been done with it.

I'm still going to buy it just because reasons, I like the concept of the game, I'm still confident they'll be able to pull off a fix soon and I'll turn down the settings to stop it from stuttering, but... man, this was a spectacular crash and burn for Hello Games.

1 Like

I hear that

I mean the entire game is like 6 Gigabytes for fucksake

Im on youtube, and some lucky dickhole found a whole planet of nothing but massive moutains of gold deposits

1 Like

The bulk of it, like the vast majority is textures and audio files. loads and loads and loads of audio files. From what I hear, the main programming base is around 600,000 lines of code. Whatever bugs the game has should be (relatively) simple to fix.

We're not exactly strangers to this. I think this could turn out to be an excellent title if Hello Games doesn't sit on their hands. If they release a patch that fixes the problems for the most part within the fortnight, it'll be fine. I'm willing to give HG the benefit of the doubt for now, just because this approach to game development hasn't really been done in this way before. Closest I can think of is Spore.

Right now I am playing the game from family share off of my brothers profile

And I haven't really found anything that I dislike so far I will probably end up buying the damn thing and just enjoying it for randomly exploring

The video on YouTube is no man's Sky number to Gold Digger and the uploaders name is robbaz

Is gold inherently valuable in NMS? I mean, IRL it has no real uses outside of electronics and the fact that on earth it turns out to be shiny and rare. Plutonium in-game is easy-to-find as trees, but it's valuable because it's used as fuel.

I guess that answers my questions about the pc version :( No money from me.

He's making almost over 500,000 but less than a million each time he flies back and forth from the planet to the Depo thingy

For me it's a total mess. First of all, right at the start "Hold E"...are you fucking kidding me?! You should never have to hold a button to do anything on a PC game. But in NMS, it's for pretty much everything!

As far as performance, holy crap! I have an i5 6600k, 16gigs DDR4, and a GTX 970, and the game runs like ass no matter which settings! 4k with everything maxed, looks like crap and runs the same (less than 30fps). Switching down to 1440p, same thing. Setting everything to medium or low doesn't seem to do anything, still runs and looks like crap Setting FPS limit to max, actually locks the game at 30fps. What...?! V-Sync is useless for me because I can't even get over 35fps at 1440p at low settings. And I have to restart the game for any and every graphical change. Even at 4k with everything maxed, the game looks like a stretched out 720p - everything is a blur.

This?! This what the game was delayed for multiple times?! This unplayable pile of garbage!

Thinking of getting a refund, I don't think I've ever experienced a release this broken.

Wendell & co Live now
twitch.tv/teampgp

Seems to be running not-game-breakingly for them.

A farming game with no inventory slots = hell :)