No Man's Sky: Disastrous Launch

Uh oh. Looks like the boys (and girls) at Hello Games are going to be losing even more sleep.

I hope they fix these issues bc I see people in the comments that are already returning their Steam Keys.

2 Likes

Should be labeled Early Access.
Give it a year or two and the may have added some more actual contents to the game.

4 Likes

Somehow, a small part of me knew this was going to happen, especially with their ties to Sony, I am dissapointed. I think Hello Games are going to have trouble sleeping, but they got the PS4 version to work just fine, and with that delay, they couldn't fix any problems? See, I told people that delaying games is becoming an excuse now, cause even WITH the delays they still don't fix problems that are obvious.

First off, i can't remember a large title, that has being delayed and it has been good. And NMS have been delayed like 5-6 times or something.
Second, there was a DAY 1 PATCH, that added the innovative mechanic of SAVE GAME function.
Third - all the time, there was almost no information about what you are doing in the game.
And 4-th no pre-release reviews.

TotalBiscuit's PC - 2011 8 core i believe, GTX1080, PCI-E SSD was dropping on stream down to 20fps...

3 Likes

Lol, the Save button is "SO INNOVATIVE!" Man, this is an Indie game too, and they pulled the same mistake as a some of today's AAA developers.

"First off, i can't remember a large title, that has being delayed and it has been good. And NMS have been delayed like 5-6 times or something."
True, dat, sounds like an excuse to sell the consoles or the console version of the game first, like I am going to go out of my way to buy a PS4 or Xbox One and support developers who don't make games properly. There are too many places money is spent better at than buying a PS4 or Xbox One for a few games.

Yea idk, everything about the PC "port" seemed rushed and last minute. Lots of patching and updates are going to be required. It's a shame, I'm going to try it out tonight, if its as broken as everyone says it is I'll just refund it :/

well thats weird because dansgaming was playing with dual 980's and he tried it with and without sli and it wasnt to bad sure it dropped but not much as far as i could tell there was stutter when SLI was DISABLED and it was gone when it was turned on but then a shit ton of screen tearing happened and this brings me to another point people are complaining about it running at 20 fps with sli 980's i just want to scream at them and ask have they seen driver updates for this game in particular??

Why does it seems like so many games have a train wreck for a dev/release cycle?

I blame Notch and his minecraft release cycle from hell.

1 Like

So that huge delay just to get a buggy game? Are they trying to be the new EA or something? jfc.

By the way, the game is free DRM so you don't need a crack to play it. Plenty of sites to try the game out.

1 Like

This is Arkham Knight all over again. When will they learn?

2 Likes

Ironically I've just picked up X-Rebirth on a deal. Finally after 2 and a bit years and lord knows how many patches it is playable. Guess I know what I'll now be playing in 2018 :-)

I've been saying this is Spore all over again since like 2 E3s ago. I rest my case.

The game needs LOD slider, that's the most basic graphics setting found in all open world games.

1 Like

I had decent hopes for this game, but my gut feeling told me not to pre-order....and now im glad I didnt lol. This is just embarrassing.

Looking at some of their tweets:

"Biggest issue reported so far is players without the Visual C++ Redist 2010." - Yeah, riiiight.

"Number two issue so far is players who have out of date GFX drivers, or none installed." HA! I HIGHLY doubt that...

It should be called No Man's Buy for the pc version as people will want refunds as the game is a turd.

5 Likes

When I think about how much money is put into AAA titles and even those are turds on day one.... and some of those remain turds forever.....
Give 'em a week or so. Honestly, this is a long term exploration game. It is not the new WoW that you have to play immediately to keep up with your friends or whatever.

And to all the ones who preordered and are complaining now: HAHA! Take it as a lesson. Don't preorder anything. Ever.

4 Likes

At least some reviews are positive...:)

12 Likes

nvidiot fanbois crashing eh?

:)

dont see negative amd comments.

1 Like

I suppose I'm an apologist fanboy but for me it's playable.

This isn't a twitchy shooter that needs 120fps. Its a plodding experience even if it could reach 120fps.
Movement speed is intentionally slow. Whether you agree with the creator's choices is up to you.

I expect like everything else this game needs polish to work well on everything.
I also think what this is , isn't for everyone. Probably even a very small portion of all gamers.

My wife thinks that 3 of the 4planets I've been on so far look the same. For what it's worth.

I don't think it matters, they still should have putted more into it, should be playable on both ends, besides, I can't really blame NVidia for this game cause they didn't play a hand in it, unlike Batman Arkham Knight.